Main Navigation

 photo HiSugarplum-MainNav-Home.png photo HiSugarplum-Projects.png photo HiSugarplum-Organize.png photo HiSugarplum-Holiday.png photo HiSugarplum-Fashion.png photo HiSugarplum-MainNav-travel.png

Ad - Header Leaderboard

Monday, December 13, 2010

{Christmas} Cranberry Wreath

Good Monday morning, friends! I'm using up my superfluous vacation days before the end of the year, and playing hooker hookie again today! This time with my aunt!! (The one who used an eyeliner brush to cut in on this striped wall!!?? Demented, I know. It's where I get it. Or so my mom likes to tell me.) We have big plans to hit up all the random stores we never have time for in 'Regular Life,' like thrift stores, fabric shops and the Wisteria Outlet! {Woot!} Maybe I'll take you on a Field Trip there soon.

Of course I whipped up a little something-something this weekend. I love the natural element my Magnolia Wreaths have brought into the house, so I thought I'd make a wreath with fresh cranberries for my Kitchen window.

I went with a straw ring so it would appear more 'outdoorsy'....and since my window faces the street, I needed the backside to look good as well. With no pattern in mind, I just hot-glued all the cranberries (found in the produce section of the grocery) to the front and sides of the wreath.

cranberry wreath

I didn't do the backside because I wanted it to lay flat against the window that's what she said. That, and I ran out of cranberries. I think it turned out quite simple and pretty.

Picnik collage

I didn't make the wreath too big since my view is nice already. It's hanging from a Command hook mounted at the top of the window.

Picnik collage

And my kids offered their own decor to the window scape:

Picnik collage

The snowflake ornaments are hanging from the pendant light over the sink. Snowflakes are kind of the accidental theme in our house this Christmas.

100_1755

And if you're not sick of me yet, head over to Michaela Noelle....where I'm Guest Blogging about my favorite childhood Christmas tradition that I've carried forward to my household. Michaela, quite possibly, has the best hair is the sweetest girl in the blogs!


35 comments:

  1. The wreath is great Cassie! I don't know where you find the time for all those projects and work! Enjoy your day with your Aunt. I'm off to shop with Elie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wreath looks gorgeous Cassie! I hope you have a fun day playing hookie with your aunt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I come play hooker, um hookie, too?! The wreath is fabulous! I like how your son is getting in on the game. And nice buttons on your sidebar;) Yes, Michaela has awesome hair- she's just darling. Don't corrupt her- ha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! How many bags did you have to use?

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love that wreath! it is natural, bright, and beautiful!
    have fun with your aunt- and where on earth is there a wisteria outlet???? oh i am jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh your wreath looks incredible! And I love what your son did with the candles!

    Luvs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like we are having a wreath war :) I see you threw the gauntlet down because this wreath is really pretty......and should you get snowed it, you can eat it :) Have fun playing hookie!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cu-ute! It's so shiny and delicious looking.

    Enjoy your day off!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that wreath! thecoolkidsblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I love.love.love it! I like the ribbon you used too, the light comes through it so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice work on the wreath! And I have to say that I seriously admire anyone who can work 'that's what she said' into a holiday diy blog post!!! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice work on the wreath! And I have to say that I seriously admire anyone who can work 'that's what she said' into a holiday diy blog post!!! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Does it make the whole house smell good? I think using fresh anything in a wreath is special and good for the environment.

    Mr. Goodwill Hunting

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad to know I'm not the only one who isn't over the 'that's what she said' jokes. Seriously I laugh so hard every time I hear one. I also love cranberries so I'm loving this blog post, hehehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another gorgeous wreath from cassie girl. You rock. And that view out the window is so pretty. You blog changes look awesome. So neat and tidy. LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am loving this wreath - its so creative! And you're little one defintely takes after you!
    Rachie xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your grandfather sounds like he was a very sweet man and what wonderful memories you have. I like that you've continued the stocking tradition! I enjoyed your guest post at Michaela's blog. Your son is creative and quite the little designer already. I like his bead and glass vases.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this wreath! I'm a fan of natural elements, but do not have a single one in my house. :) LOL! I tend to kill things!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That turned out great! I think cranberries are perfect to decorate with -- and look fab on a wreath! And how cute about your son!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So beautiful!! I have a TON of frozen cranberries in our freezer that I got last year -- just realized that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. So pretty! I love the vibrant red! Thanks again for guest posting (: love having you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. PS. I love Megan's comment about not corrupting me-- so funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi I just love your wreath.I was just wondering do the cranberries last very long. I was thinking kept inside they may rot quite quickly. Thanks frances

    ReplyDelete
  24. I had my daughter string fresh cranberries for our mantle this year. Next year I'll have to graduate her to bigger and better things such as your GORGEOUS wreath.

    You are right, Michaela is truly one of the sweetest bloggers I know...I will head over there now to read your guest post....

    ReplyDelete
  25. Okay that wreath is so awesome! I'm totally giggling about your son and his creative talents, it is just too adorable! That looks like something my son would do and my husband would be mortified!!! lol

    http://loveallthingsbrightandbeautiful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. CASSIE! This is amazing!

    Will be making this asap!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This looks great!! I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow, I love your wreath, the color is just so pretty! And the bow is to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  29. i adore this wreath! i have been in a cranberry daze lately, mostly with recipes, (www.livelaughlove-angie.blogspot.com/2010/12/cranberry-love.html) but this would be great too! thanks for sharing (saw this on remodelaholic!)

    ReplyDelete
  30. How long did your cranberry wreath stay looking good last year before the cranberries schriveled and died and you had to throw it away?

    ReplyDelete
  31. Anon -- I made it last year, so I can't recall exactly. But I know there was no problem with it during the holiday season...I tossed it soon after, so I'm not sure how much longer it would have lasted. You could use fake berries if you wanted a longer shelf life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. oooh love! I'm such a sucker for red, especially around the holidays. I saw someone else ask, but didn't see the answer...how many bags? I think I'd spray with some sort of sealant to make it last?

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like crack, or popcorn with milk duds, I just can't quit them. xoxo, cass

Google Analytics

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

rS tracking code

 

design + development by fabulous k