Main Navigation

 photo HiSugarplum-MainNav-Home.png photo HiSugarplum-Projects.png photo HiSugarplum-Organize.png photo HiSugarplum-Holiday.png photo HiSugarplum-Fashion.png photo HiSugarplum-MainNav-travel.png

Ad - Header Leaderboard

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Fancy Fabrics & Crazy Crafter

It still feels like the North Pole here, and school is closed for a third day Lord help me! And since we can't go to Hobby Lobby anywhere, we've started some Valentine projects using only supplies we have on hand. Desperate times people!

It's not much warmer where she is, but today I'm hanging at Danielle Oakey Interiors, as part of her inspiring series, Textile Thursdays. I have really enjoyed getting to know Danielle, and she is one talented designer! I love having friends with mad skills! Hopefully she's got a hot tottie chocolate waiting...so come over and check out fabrics in my home.


***

Oh, and I know some of you are probably wondering about the fate of my pumpkins (newbies can catch up here, here and here).

 
Picnik collage

Well, fear not, three have made it this far, and are now showing their love!


Picnik collage

I figured I've fallen this far off the Crazy Craft Wagon, I might as well ride the train all the way to Kooktown! Now I consider these pumpkins a challenge and will see them through as many holidays as they manage to survive.


100_2663

Cabin Fever? Perhaps, but I've got a belly full of s'mores and a front porch with pink pumpkins....whatchugot?!

Don't worry, I should be back to my "normal" self tomorrow, and have a cute Valentine project to show you. Until then, come say 'Hi' at Danielle Oakey Interiors!

30 comments:

  1. Those pumpkins have so many coats of paint of them, I don't think they'll ever rot!!! LOL Heading over to Danielle's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and meant to tell ya...if you have to PAINT them back orange next October, then and only then have you SERIOUSLY lost your mind!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loooove the Valentine's Day pumpkins! Seriously. They are super cute... I love that they keep popping up for every Holiday :) Who knew pumpkins would look so good in pink and red???

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is to funny. I remember reading your post about changing your pumpkins to fit your Christmas decor. -Love the Valentines pumpkins.

    I think im going to try this because we still have our 3 large pumpkins, still very much 'alive' and still very hard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're seriously the craftiest most hilarious girl. I luv ya.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha!!! Seriously? LOVE IT. That light pink pumpkin is beyond adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahahah im literally laughing out loud! man, if i have the nine lives of those pumpkins i'd be a happy woman!

    but seriously, this is such a great idea and i love all the fabrics you showed off at danielle's!

    ReplyDelete
  8. crazy crafter is right! I am thrilled to have you over today, you are hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha great post!! Your pumpkins are awesome; can't wait to see what you do with them next!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too cute! I love the sign from cupid!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You know me, love a good pink pumpkin:) These are fabulous and loved your guest post!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like the pink pumpkins. Good Idea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm on the train to kooktown with ya, girl! Love it. Off to see your guest post...don't do anything I wouldn't do while you're cooped up...I guess that doesn't leave out much (c:

    ReplyDelete
  14. Maybe someone needs to have a spray paint sponsor. I am just saying. Might help you kick the habit. I kid. I LOVE me some pink pumpkins. We are making crafts with found objects today as well. Hope you all warm up soon. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love it Cassie! You and the pumpkins are FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cassie I adore you guest post at Danielle's It is perfect!!

    Come and join my amazing Giveaway from Splenderosa!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  17. i hereby challenge you to carry these pumpkins through to a second halloween! ;)
    left you a comment over at danielle's!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your post has set me in "happy" mood for the day! I love it! I think this is the best Valentine's decor I have seen yet. I am off to Danielle's.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Freakin' cracking up about the Valentine's pumpkins! Those are AWESOME! :) Desperate times do call for desperate measures! They just called for no school tomorrow down here, so you will probably have your little loves home again tomorrow. :) I'm thinking of keeping the monkey home with me tomorrow just so I can snuggle with him all day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cassie,
    I really enjoyed Textile Tuesday especially since I'm on the hunt for some new fabrics in my own home. I love your writing style. you make me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  21. and today is Thursday, so that would be Textile Thursday! Sorry...

    ReplyDelete
  22. you are too funny. get out the green spray paint for st patty's day. then pastels for easter. then.... red, white, and blue??

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love watching the 9 lives of the pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi! I found out about your blog from Danielle's site! It's great. I love that you use pumpkins all year round! I love doing pumpkin topiaries, painted in polka dots and stripes. I leave it out all fall. Cool idea to use it for other holidays too.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is by far my favorite rendition of the pumpkins! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is by far my favorite rendition of the pumpkins! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh, these look great! I just found your blog and love it. You have so many great ideas here- I'll be following :) (I can't believe those pumpkins made it so long!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I actually LOVE the Valentines pumpkins. They are something that you would never expect to see and that is what I like most. Since I've never really decorated much for any holiday accept Christmas an I don't do that to well I love the inspiration I have been getting.
    www.chandrassouthernlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like crack, or popcorn with milk duds, I just can't quit them. xoxo, cass

Google Analytics

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

rS tracking code

 

design + development by fabulous k