Main Navigation

 photo HiSugarplum-MainNav-Home.png photo HiSugarplum-Projects.png photo HiSugarplum-Organize.png photo HiSugarplum-Holiday.png photo HiSugarplum-Fashion.png photo HiSugarplum-MainNav-travel.png

Ad - Header Leaderboard

Monday, March 28, 2011

{Babygirl's Room} The Window!

Hello Monday! My household is mostly well now, and we even got out and enjoyed the weekend. I hope you enjoyed yours as well. Did you make it to the World Market Friends & Family Sale? Never one to let a good coupon go to waste, I popped in and picked up some pretty linens for our Easter table.

I felt like such a chump for not getting to this post last week after showing the pelmet and monogram, but I assured myself that none of you is living and dying by this blog. Or are you?!? I'll keep my chit-chat to a minimum and just let you gaze upon the gorgeous window in Babygirl's Room.

100_3030

I'm crazy for how the Art Center pairs with the window. It's almost as if I planned it!?! Using fabric glue, I trimmed the drapes in perfectly-coordinated grosgrain ribbon. The drapes aren't as sheer as they appear, it's just difficult to get a good picture of a West-facing window when it's actually light enough to see it.

Picnik collage

I decided a simple shape for the pelmet would pair nicely with the straight lines of the Faux Crown Molding. I love how the molding and pelmet trim are perfectly aligned.


Picnik collage

Here's a view of the window with the drapes closed and open.


Picnik collage

And another at night.

Picnik collage

The L-brackets worked perfectly, and the pelmet rests flush against the wall. I'm pretty much obsessed with the khaki ceiling too!


100_3018


Since I walked you through every painful step in building the pelmet, I thought I'd show you how we actually hung it. After the curtains were hung, we positioned the pelmet exactly where we wanted it (covering the curtain rod), and screwed the bracket into the wall. Ours is 53" wide, so it was definitely a 2-man job. {Thanks babe!}


Picnik collage

Here's a peek looking up, where you can see the darkening shade. When rolled up, it's completely hidden by the pelmet.

Picnik collage

Hard to believe this is the same little 36" wide window.

Picnik collage

I think the monogram is the perfect finishing touch...making it sophisticated, yet the pink keeps it youthful! Here's a peek of of the window with her Radish Bed.


Picnik collage

I only have a handful of projects left to show you before revealing the full room...including one for the light that I've yet to attempt. Are you still with me??? Did you almost die waiting for this window reveal?!?

64 comments:

  1. The window looks awesome, very sophisticated. I've got to try this when we move to our new house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh it looks awesome! it adds a nice touch of modern sohpistication to the room. nicely done, cassie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my - I love this! It turned out so great! Glad to hear everyone is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks fabulous! Love it:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Cassie, that came out so fabulous!! Really. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks fanfreakingtastic, Cassie.

    Ps, so glad you're all feeling well now :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So great - Lucky lady to have such a talented momma!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks beautiful! You did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! The window looks so much bigger. Can't wait to see the whole room.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is adorable, it adds so much to the room! Fabulous job Cassie! Janell

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everything has come together nicely and looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This transformation is incredible. The drapery looks SO custom and the pelmet is perfect. Way to go Cassie!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks so good! Danielle is right, it has a custom feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. AH...I'm so excited about your finished window- it's soooo perfect for the room and you did an amazing job!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cass! That looks freaking awesome!!! I love it. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OH, Cassie!!!! It completely rocks. Beautiful job. It really adds so much. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. i love it!!! Looks amazing!!

    Emily Hewett
    A Well Dressed Home
    awelldressedhome.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  18. You took a cute baby's room - no real architectural interest at all - and turned it into a beautiful, custom room with attention to every detail that looks as if it was $$$-designed by a professional...and won't those dollars you saved be SO much more fun to spend next month in sidewalk cafes?! Smart, talented little cookie! :-) Ali

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love it! It makes the window look enormous. Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You seriously rocked this one!!! I am in LOVE with it and am bookmarking this for my future bebes rooms!! (Gotta plan ahead right?) :) Glad y'all are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really did almost die...(c: It looks so amazing, totally worth the wait! (c: I just love how light and clean it all looks with still having so much AMAZING radish color...love.

    ReplyDelete
  22. looks amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

    ReplyDelete
  23. It looks great!! The monogram is definitely a fab touch! You have some serious DIY skills!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. It's beautiful, Cassie! It adds a ncie touch to her room and I love the grosgrain trim you've added to the drapes. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  25. if i haven't told you already...you are my DIY hero!

    ReplyDelete
  26. It is TO DIE FOR! All of it, I love love it all!! GREAT job :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. what a difference and such a lucky little girl! looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  28. OMG. It's AH MA ZING! So worth the wait. Your little girl has the best room ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. It's adorable and a perfect reflection of the fun family you have!

    ReplyDelete
  30. It turned out perfect!!! I love the monogram!!! Great job once again!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Amazing! It turned out absolutely perfect:)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh my...this looks outstanding...love the monogram! Hop over and show it off at my NIFTY THRIFTY party and enter my cute giveaway.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  33. Everything is coming together beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Looks amazing. I love the way the room is looking. Beautiful, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  35. wow you really did a great job - it looks amazing! And the window looks so much bigger now :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Just stumbled across your blog---lovely! I put you on my blog roll and can't wait to follow your great projects!

    ReplyDelete
  37. That turned out fantastic. I especially like the hidden roller blind. It makes the room look so finished. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Shut the front door. That looks amazing! Great job, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Looks super cute and great idea on using light weight foam board. You've inspired me to get going on my girl's playroom. The paint was rolled Sunday and and off to the fabric store tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Oh my gosh. Adorable. I can't get over how well it's all coming out! It adds so much personality to the room!

    ReplyDelete
  41. it turned out FANTASTIC. I love it. Love the curtains with the radish trim, love the pelmet, the whole thing. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  42. It's SO amazing, Cassie! Literally perfect!! What does your little one think of it??!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Just perfect!!! Thanks so much for sharing all your how to's on the project! Give yourself a high 5 on this one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  44. WOW! Gorgeous results! I found this through your Tip Me Tuesday link up, and I'm so glad I did. May have to give this a try in my little girls room. :)

    Check out my blog if you get time! Just getting it started and would love your feedback. www.thetallchick.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  45. That is a beautiful cornice! Wow! I love that. Great job
    www.itsybitsypaperblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  46. This looks fabulous! Great job! Here from A2Z

    ReplyDelete
  47. Cassie, this is gorgeous, I love the fabric choice and the beautiful contrast with that monogram, bravo!!
    xo
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  48. Your photo immediately caught my eye at the linky party. I love,love,love it! You have inspired me to try a similar project in my daughter's room. I'm following along for more inspiration. Have a beautiful day!

    Ann-Marie

    ReplyDelete
  49. That monogrammed pelmet with the drapes is just awesome!! Aren't you happy you went with the pink??!! Makes such a statement and I love the little art center below!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Hello there,

    Simply stunning!... Luxy Living is your newest follower.

    Great blog.=)

    ReplyDelete
  51. love, love, love how this turned out!!!! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  52. Wow! That is great! Enjoyed reading your blog tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  53. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  54. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  55. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  56. I LOVE IT, I MADE 3 OF THEM. THE HELMET CAME OUT VERY NICE.SMILE BUT WHEN I TURN ON MY CENTRAL AIR BY IT BIENG COLD THE HEAT MAKE THE DUCT TAPE COME LOOSE MIGHT STAPLE IT.I STILL LOVE IT.THANKS,

    ReplyDelete
  57. Can't believe I haven't found your amazing blog before now! I am loving it! New follower!

    Jenna @ Rain on a Tin Roof

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like crack, or popcorn with milk duds, I just can't quit them. And unfortunately, because of insane amounts of spam, I've had to disable Anonymous comments for awhile. I just didn't need any more information on penis enlargements! But you can always email me! xoxo, cass

Google Analytics

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

rS tracking code

 

design + development by fabulous k