Main Navigation

 photo HiSugarplum-MainNav-Home.png photo HiSugarplum-Projects.png photo HiSugarplum-Organize.png photo HiSugarplum-Holiday.png photo HiSugarplum-Fashion.png photo HiSugarplum-MainNav-travel.png

Ad - Header Leaderboard

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

{One Way Ticket} Bijou & Boheme's Milan!

one way ticket button


Whew! Are you loving these posts as much as I am??? My list of future destinations is growing everyday...which means my home DIY projects will need to remain frugal! Today's {One Way Ticket} is by uber-fabulous Christine, of Bijou and Boheme fame. I'm thrilled to have her here, and call her friend. Hi Sugarplum! has never been so classy as today.





First off, thank you so much to Cassie for having me!
There's not much I love talking/thinking about more than an escape so....if I had a One Way Ticket, I'd say...


and head to Milan, Italy.

I'd stay at the 4 Seasons (in this renaissance suite) and wake each morning to the hotel's glorious garden courtyard.


Each day would be filled with lazy walks around the fashion capital and plenty of sight seeing.
And by sight seeing, I mean shopping.
And since I'd be in Milan, it would have to be only at the best fashion ateliers.



After experiencing all that the city had to offer, I'd head out to the countryside and by that I mean, the wine region.
I think the region of Brescia sounds just about perfect.
I'd stay at the L'Albereta resort in Franciacorta.


Rooms with retractable roofs that allow you to sleep under the stars, lush gardens, 5 star restaurant, gorgeous spa....check/yes please/when do I leave?

{pictures via atpm, Italian Weddings, Clickz, Flickr, trekearth, pretty stuff, pretty stuff, pinterest, 4 Seasons Milan, L'Abereta Resort}

My days in the wine region would be spent doing the only things you should be doing in such a place...drinking, relaxing, rejuvenating, eating...all outside amongst the sweet Italian vines.
Definitely my idea of a One Way Ticket kind of trip.
You?
Thanks Cassie- loved this excuse for a little imaginary retreat!
xo

Wow, gorgeous dream, Christine...just like your new kitchen is sure to be! I think we'd be good travel buddies! Tomorrow is my other favorite Christine...Just Bella!

18 comments:

  1. All of these photos are amazing! I would love to be waling around in those gardens! I love them all!

    http://jennaleelac.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sign me up! italy, here we come. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like one heck of a get away to me! :-)

    Emily Hewett
    A Well Dressed Home
    awelldressedhome.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like the perfect vacation! Wine and shopping are the perfect combo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Been through Milan, on a train (not the best part of the city, mind you). Beautiful hotels!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, I guess I could suck it up and hang out there for awhile. ;)
    So gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My parents just got back yesterday from Italy. I am so in the mood for a trip. This series is reminding me of my need to travel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. sooo gorgeous! the fiance is dying to go to Milan because his favorite soccer team plays there.. might not put up a fight about a trip! xoxo jillian:: cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  9. Must. Go. *NOW*.

    That is pretty much all I can think about after those amazing images! Today is sure to be super unproductive after all my scheming on how to get to Milan...(c: Christine never disappoints!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a dreamy escape! I want to go now too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, please!! Make that 2 one-way tickets!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want to go on this vacay! The Four Seasons is beautiful! And going shopping at all those glam shops would be amazing

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! Milan was a place we didn't get to, I'm hopping in Christine's suitcase!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this post! I would love to be in MILAN right now!!!!! Love your blog also, I am now a follower :)

    swirlsofhappy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for having me Cassie- was such a nice little getaway to dream up!!! Hope you're having a great time on your vacation!! xo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like crack, or popcorn with milk duds, I just can't quit them. xoxo, cass

Google Analytics

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

rS tracking code

 

design + development by fabulous k