Main Navigation

 photo HiSugarplum-MainNav-Home.png photo HiSugarplum-Projects.png photo HiSugarplum-Organize.png photo HiSugarplum-Holiday.png photo HiSugarplum-Fashion.png photo HiSugarplum-MainNav-travel.png

Ad - Header Leaderboard

Thursday, April 28, 2011

{One Way Ticket} Just Bella's Italia!

one way ticket button

Today's {One Way Ticket} is by Christine, of the lovely blog, Just Bella. I have a fondness for Canadian bloggers (especially their fancy way of spelling words!), and Christine is definitely one of them! She has been bitten by the travel bug and her blog is full of her adventures. After reading this post, Italy has moved to the top of my list! Take it away, Christine!



I loooove to travel and, ohmygosh, to pick just one place is hard.  There are so many places I want to go, I think I'll have to narrow it down to one of my past faves. One thing I love just as much as traveling is eating, which is why if I could have a One Way Ticket, it would have to be back to bella Italia.

My husband I spent just over 2 weeks touring Italy on our honeymoon in June 2008. We hit up all the major destinations... Rome, Florence, Venice, but some of my absolute favourite times were spent in our little rental car exploring the countryside and tiny little beach towns.

From the little hill town in Tuscany...





... to the beautiful island of Venice and it's neigbours Murano and Burano...






... to what I like to call heaven on earth...





Italy has so much of what I look for in a vacation - food, culture, beach, shopping... GELATO.





I can honestly say we ate our way through this beautiful country, and I would take a One Way Ticket back in a heartbeat. And although I may end up 20 or 30 pounds heavier, it'd be worth it. So, so worth it.

Another plus Italy has going for it is that it's right near the beautiful country of Austria, which is also up there on my list of fave destinations... but that's another post :) (maybe next year's trip, Cassie?)

Thanks so much for having me, Cassie, you've most certainly re-invoked the travel bug in me again!  Seriously, I could talk for hours and hours and hours...

I hope you are having an amazing trip - enjoy every single second.  I can't wait to hear all about it!

Ciao bella!
Christine

You can bet Mr. Sugarplum and I are shoving back fistfuls of waffles, crepes and chocolate! That's the main reason I packed my jeggings! Tomorrow is none other than the girl living out her One Way Ticket dream....Aspiring Kennedy!

18 comments:

  1. absolutely gorgeous. i neeed to go here! xoxo jillian:: cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! its breathtakingly beautiful!


    http://jennaleelac.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Italy it is! Having visited Venice and Lake Como, I have to agree such a beautiful country.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me and the other Christine will have to meet up on our dream Italian vacation! What a gorgeous post and her trip there looked just to die for amazing. Loved her colourful photos or such a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We went to Rome for our honeymoon and it was fantastic! I am dying to go back and see more of Italy. Wonderful photos!!

    http://cozystyle.cozyeggdesigns.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing pictures! Christine is so sweet (: I'd like to go on these trips!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. waffles, crepes, and chocolate - oh my! Cassie, I hope you are eatin' it all up and having a fabulous time.

    Thanks for having me!
    :) Christine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the post Christine ;) You described it perfectly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oooh lovely post! Just love all aspects, and Italy has so many different terrains / landscapes to offer.

    Cassie - I just got back from Belgium and France! Make sure to bring back Belgian chocolates - even the cheap stuff is 100 times better than north american chocolate. Enjoy the waffles, and please have a pain au chocolat for me in France - I've been in withdrawl since getting home!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohh my goodness, you make me miss Italy! So beautiful. And yes,I ate my way through the country as well. No food is better!
    Thanks for the pics Christine!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Tuscan hillside picture is my favourite with the neat little rows of crops. A muffin top in return for great culinary treats ranks high with me so Italy here I come in the near future (hopefully)Enjoyed the post.

    ReplyDelete
  13. All I can say is tear up the return ticket I won't need it! Italy happens to be a dream destination of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is numero uno on my list of destinations. Your trip looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  15. husband and i were just talking about going to italy for our vacation this year - what perfect timing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous photos Christine! Makes me want to travel now.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like crack, or popcorn with milk duds, I just can't quit them. And unfortunately, because of insane amounts of spam, I've had to disable Anonymous comments for awhile. I just didn't need any more information on penis enlargements! But you can always email me! xoxo, cass

Google Analytics

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

rS tracking code

 

design + development by fabulous k