Pancake & Pajama Party!

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Warning: this post has more photos than a full Room Reveal! I just couldn't stop.

My sweet Babygirl turned 5 last week, and we celebrated with a party last Saturday. She personally invited her friends for a Pancakes & Pajamas Party!

Picnik collage
invites by dimpleprints
Taking from the invites, we hosed the house down with pink, yellow, orange and polka dots!


Picnik collage

The girls (all 10 of them!) arrived in their pajamas, and felt so fancy seeing their places set at the dining room table.


Picnik collage


Picnik collage

Using paper goods from Target, I layered the plates to look like chargers. The flatware was tied together with orange tulle.


Picnik collage
You like how I slipped in some Greek key?

Tissue puffs (leftover from her 2nd birthday party) and paper lanterns decorated the Entrance and tables.


Picnik collage

Glass bowls (from the Dollar Store) were filled with pancake toppings and cookie cutters. The squeeze bottles of syrups were perfect for little hands. Babygirl picked out the colorful daisies for the centerpiece.


Picnik collage

The party favors were arranged on the buffet, and generated a lot interest from wandering eyes!


Picnik collage

The Breakfast Room was decorated with more paper lanterns, pendants and crepe paper.

Picnik collage

The milk bottles with festive straws from Garnish looked so adorable on the food table.


Picnik collage

Since 5-year-olds aren't held captive by decorations alone, we had them thread cereal on lanyard for yummy edible necklaces.

Picnik collage

They also decorated paper sacks with stickers and crayons....to be later filled with candy from the pinata!


Picnik collage

We split the girls into two groups so each center stayed mildly calm. I also hired Babygirl's favorite 11-year-old twin girls to help. They were awesome, and having them interact with the guests allowed me to actually be a part of the party.

Picnik collage

In order to give us time to get the food ready, Mr. Sugarplum read the girls a story while they lounged on floor pillows. And of course the story was about pancakes!


Picnik collage

The story didn't last long, and the the guests were ready to attack the food table! We had pancakes, cinnamon muffins, yogurt & granola parfaits, mini quiche and grapes! They could also choose between orange juice and milk.


Picnik collage

I printed the 'Get your Hotcakes here!' on scrapbook paper and inserted in a Dollar Store frame I painted pink. The muffins were baked in my favorite Ikea pan.

Picnik collage

The little orange frames are from the dollar aisle at Michaels, and they contain personalized scrapbook paper as well.


Picnik collage

The mom's dropped their girls off and enjoyed time to themselves, but coffee and palmiers were offered to the grown-ups attending the party.

Picnik collage

And of course a birthday party has to have cupcakes! Babygirl requested strawberry, and following Courtney's tip, I finally frosted a cupcake properly!


Picnik collage

The girls had so much fun cutting shapes in their pancakes, and topping them with chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, diced strawberries and bananas. The party was so quiet while they woofed down their lunch, er, breakfast.

Picnik collage

The milk bottles were the cutest, and I loved watching them slurp down all their milk and juice. "Pinkies out, dahling!"

Picnik collage

Babygirl was momentarily shy while we sang, "Happy Birthday," but beamed knowing she's finally 5! 

Picnik collage
 
She gave the unicorn pinata one last hug before they took turns beating him to an early retirement.

Picnik collage
 
The party lasted an hour-and-a-half, and I think everyone went home happy! Babygirl spent the rest of the afternoon playing with her gifts, and camped out with her equally exhausted brother, watching Tangled.

Picnik collage

I bolted to the door with my mom and aunt for a House Tour and wine!

Thank you to my sweet mom, mother-in-law and auntie for their help cleaning up the party! Thank you Sara and Samantha for playing with 10 5-year-olds during the party! Thank you Mr. Sugarplum for standing over the skillet making 25 pancakes (the night before). And thank you to Rachie at A Chi Chi Affair for her awesome party ideas!

Read about the projects I prepared in advance here.

**I'm sharing this post with the parties in my sidebar! Thanks for the links, ladies!

Pin It!


76 witty retorts:

  1. so amazing cassie!!!! great job!!!!

    and babygirl looks so happy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like so much fun! I love all the colors and the details. Those milk bottles with the straws are to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I can say is WOW! Everything is so pretty - you thought of every detail! Your babygirl is one cute 5 year old :) Amazing job Cassie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so amazing! I totally love it!! How gorgeous is babygirl? So happy that this turned out sooo great!! Happy Wednesday lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like it was a fun filled happy birthday celebration! I love all the pictures, it makes me feel like I was there! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks amazing Cassie!! You did a fab job!! Kinda makes me wish I could have come haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job Cassie! Everything is just adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it!!! Looks like the girls had a blast and very sweet of you to think of the parents too. I may be stealing this for the next bday ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything turned out so amazing!!! What great ideas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job! How adorable and stylish.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You (and Rachie) created an ah-mazing party!! I'm sending this to friends and posting on Facebook/twitter. I will never have a girl party at my house--but this is PERFECTION.
    abby

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow this is amazing. I think I need to do this but with mimosas for adults! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Seriously in awe of this- a completely adorable party with so many sweet details- a day your little pancake will remember forever. Perfect. xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is unbelievably sweet {no pun intended}!!! That last picture is precious! Happy 5th BabyGirl!

    ReplyDelete
  15. awesome awesome party cassie! love all the fab details! I want a pancake party for myself!;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my...that is so awesome!! I love the color scheme. Okay, so now all her friends mommas are not happy with you I'm guessing...you really upped the anty on the party scene!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! It's incredible! I can't imagine how much time must have gone into planning this spectacular party! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely PRECIOUS!! You are one creative Mamma!!

    Emily Hewett
    A Well Dressed Home
    awelldressedhome.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  19. love the polka dot/striped runner table setting. so smart with the faux chargers! ha, poms from 3 years ago, I would so do the same thing. how appropriate with the cereal necklaces! paper bags = cheap, nice! also love that the pancakes are on a cake stand! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  20. To quote Rachel Zoe "I DIE!" Seriously, will you throw me 29th birthday party for me?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Definitely not too many pics...I couldn't get enough of this darling soiree!!! Seriously genius with the paper plates...I mean, who says paper can't be fancy??? (c: And that last picture?!? to die for. I love it when my little guys are so tired and lovely and adorable! Looks like mission accomplished at su casa!

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW, Cassie! I am in LOVE with this party. You did such an amazing job, the details are so fantastic! Do you think I could pull this one off for my next birthday??

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm so sorry I missed it! I think I would have enjoyed it just as much as the girls! You are so creative :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my goodness.....you are the most creative person! Not only is the idea and decorations so cute, but the pictures are great too. The girls looked like they had a blast. Ava loved it:)!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Cassie, those place settings are unreal! And now I'm craving a strawberry cupcake ;) Gorgeous work! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  26. cassie!!!!!!!! Beyond adorable. Every little detail. I think my baby girl will be having the same party next year. Just so great to see the girls having so much fun. What a special party. And I love how you were able to scoot out afterwards! Where are the paper lanterns from? LOVE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ohmigosh, I love every last girly detail! Such a perfect party. The girls must have been thrilled- it looked like such a fun party. And you managed to fit all that in 1.5 hours? Wow! So so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Super cute party.What a very lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete
  29. So cute, I am sure your little girl was on top of the world on her birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  30. One of the most ADORABLE parties I have ever seen! What a lucky little girl to have you as her mama :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Ah! It's so darn cute. I love the little glass bottles tied with ribbon. Happy Birthday, Sloan (: I just know she had the best day! Especially from how tired she was after (:

    ReplyDelete
  32. That came out so great Cassie! Love it!! I'll definitely be filing that one away for a future idea!

    ReplyDelete
  33. so cute! i love the last photo of big bro and sis...

    ReplyDelete
  34. so stealing this idea for next year!!! i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  35. What an amazing party! Great ideas-I love the "get your hotcakes here" sign! It looked like a lot of fun. And I love the name Sloan!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. WOW! What a creative party! (and very pink!) Absolutely love this idea! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Lucky girl! I'm trying to think of a way to incorporate this into an adult party. Hmmm....pancakes, pajamas and pinot noir?

    ReplyDelete
  38. What an amazing party you put on. I love the pancakes and pajamas theme. Don't you just love planning a party for little girls?!

    ReplyDelete
  39. This is such a cute and great idea! I love seeing party themes for girls that are getting older, and they are still girly and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Happy 5th Birthday Sloan!!!! We love you sweet girl:)And Cassie what an awesome party!!!

    ReplyDelete
  41. The cutest party! Love how "grown-up" you made the table setting look with the chargers and all! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  42. I am not five but might have a pajamas and pancake party after seeing your fun pics. What an inspiration you are! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  43. You are one truly talented lady and a fabulous Mom to boot! Your daughter's party looked like an absolute success. I love all fo the decorations, color theme etc. Love it all. I think I need you to help me throw my next party. And I'm a new follower. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  44. What a successful party! Looks like a blast. Am I too old to have a pancakes and PJ party for myself? :)

    ReplyDelete
  45. fabulous party - such amazing inspiration, now I want this for my girls in August! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  46. Love, Love, Love! I was so excited to see the end results. What precious memories you made for sweet baby girl. Your creativity inspires me! Please tell Mr. Sugarplum that we miss him dearly at work, and treatment team is no fun without the spontaneous song and dance! Great job on the party Cassie!!! ~Beth

    ReplyDelete
  47. What a beautiful party! Soooo precious!! Wish I had a girl, so I could throw her a party as sweet as this one. I threw a pirate bday party for my 3 yr old son this past weekend and did a boy version of the cupcake toppers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  48. Wow, you were one busy momma! Turned out fabulous though and worth it all I'm sure, what a lucky little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  49. So adorable. all the details you added really made the party memorable!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Oh My! You did a fabulous job, now I want a pajama & pancakes party!! Every little detail is so perfectly coordinated, simply adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Cass, you really outdid yourself here! I loved the theme from the start but you really put it all together perfectly! Giving the girls things to do and eat and take home and having your hubby read that book is genius! I showed Jimmy that pic of your two babes watching the movies and said, "this is why we need 2 kids"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  52. What??? It just kept going and going and getting better and better. My jaw was open during this post. I'm moving next door so that Lilly can come to all the parties too. Lovely job my dear. So cute, fun, and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  53. WOW, I can totally see why you say you are creatively tapped out..that party was EPIC. I hate that word, not cuz its not a great word, but cuz its too trendy right now....I digress. Every little detail was fantastic, from Mr Sugarplum with the pancakes and story time to the table decor and the milk bottles, and the coffee and food for the adults, I mean come on! Great inspiration for my son's first coming up in June.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Well that looks like one party that I'm sorry I missed! I think I would have been quite content to use a cookie cutter on my pancake and cover it with chocolate chips and sugary syrup! How fun! We just have one small boy at our house, and I'm not guessing that he'd go for a party of this grand magnitude. HIS parties have to involve Darth Vader and sticks and rocks and wrestling his guests to the ground. I just found your blog, quite by accident, and this was a fun post to read!

    ReplyDelete
  55. This is one of the best ideas EVER!!! I can hardly wait until December for my daughter's birthday! Maybe I should throw my husband a pajamas and pancake party since his b-day is this month...

    ReplyDelete
  56. Thank you for the inspiration for my 28th birthday. For my 27th, I had a pajamas and lasagna party with just my husband (it happened to be a major snowstorm). This idea is way better...

    ReplyDelete
  57. Your link stood out to me the most! (from tatortots and jello) LOVE LOVE the party! I just posted you on my blog.
    bjanebrewing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  58. I thought i had left a msg before, but i absolutely love this. Perfect girls party!! Looks like they had a fabulous time!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  59. What a great party! I am sure that is something all of those girls will remember forever. What a fantastic mom!

    ReplyDelete
  60. what a cute party theme! I love the pinks and oranges. so great.

    your new follower,
    kathryn
    www.thedragonsfairytail.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  61. oh my, this is absolutely fantastically adorable! love all of the attention to detail. happy 5!

    ReplyDelete
  62. I am simply in AWE!!! every detail is perfection! do you mind sharing where you purchased the paper lanterns?

    ReplyDelete
  63. I just had time to see this party, its adorable. But, what really got to me is that my baby girl has the same name! (we tacked an "e" on the end though)...
    great ideas...
    Amy
    www.11magnolialane.com

    ReplyDelete
  64. what an adorable party!!! Everything was darling! the little bottles with straws were to cute and the fruit loop necklaces were a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  65. I love everything about this party.

    ReplyDelete
  66. oh my gosh! everything about this is ADORABLE!! great ideas and fabulous execution!!

    ReplyDelete
  67. WHAT A GREAT IDEA!!!! I can't wait for my daughter to get old enough for parties like these, but I am totally stealing this idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  68. I am so happy I found this post. Just brilliant. But, I have to say my favorite part is when your daughter is snuggling up with her brother at the end of her party! :) Well done. I just did a pink and orange theme for my daughter's 2nd birthday but nothing of this caliber. Thanks for sharing, Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  69. Hi cassie!!! PLEASE HELP!!! I'm from the uk and LOVE LOVE LOVE those milk bottle glasses! Have been searching the net for them to no avail! Where are they from and are they eligible to purchase from the UK? Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  70. Hi Emma! Your blogger setting didn't allow me to respond via email to your comment...hopefully you've come back here for the answer! The milk bottles are simply Starbucks Frappucino bottles...they come in a 4-pack at the grocery store here.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  71. I can't wait to throw parties like these!!

    You're an inspiration :D I'm amazed!

    ReplyDelete
  72. Wow! Great idea! Thanks so much for replying!!! Very creative! Your party is waiting to occur in the uk!! Lol :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  73. So clever! I love everything about the party! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  74. Wow. That is the coolest party I've ever seen. Amazing job. Can you be my mom? Loving your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  75. hi! i just wanted to say thank you for this wonderful post! i just had my son's 5th birthday party last easter and your ideas totally helped me a lot. and i mean a LOT! lol! check my blog. hope you don't mind that i took a lot from your wonderful ideas! ;-)
    http://mylalalandoflalalife.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like crack, or popcorn with milk duds, I just can't quit them. And unfortunately, because of insane amounts of spam, I've had to disable Anonymous comments for awhile. I just didn't need any more information on penis enlargements! But you can always email me! xoxo, cass