Main Navigation

 photo HiSugarplum-MainNav-Home.png photo HiSugarplum-Projects.png photo HiSugarplum-Organize.png photo HiSugarplum-Holiday.png photo HiSugarplum-Fashion.png photo HiSugarplum-MainNav-travel.png

Ad - Header Leaderboard

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Easy, Inexpensive Teacher Gifts

Thank you guys so much for the kind and encouraging comments yesterday! I think the shoot went well and I'm excited to see my kid's room through the lens of a professional!

I can't believe another school year is coming to an end. This means that not only do I now have a Fifth Grader...but my Babygirl will be a Kindergartner! *gulp* Of course there are multiple occasions throughout the school year to spoil their teachers, but I like to show our gratitude at the end of the year also.

I made this little project for our favorite babysitter, who is now a bonafide college graduate and a future rockstar-teacher!


100_0628


Super easy, and fun to do with the kids.

teacher pencil can


First hot glue pencils around the perimeter of the can, making sure they are flush with the bottom so the can will sit evenly. Cover craft letters in the teacher's monogram with craft paper (or simply paint them), then affix them to the side of the can with a dot of hot glue. I added a band of ribbon for a little more polished look.

pencil can


Depending on the size of the can, it can be used as a pencil cup (pun intended, har), or a small vase for flowers and plants.

100_0628


Another gift I whipped up is courtesy of the super cute outdoor party supplies at Target.

100_4477


Stripey paper lanterns, plates, napkins and bucket...all $2 or less!

100_4480


Arranged together with tissue paper and windmills, it's the perfect start to a teacher's favorite season...Summer!


100_4478



What is your favorite way to thank teachers?

30 comments:

  1. I need you to just send me ideas like this in the future when I need teacher's gifts. You think of the cutest things! Love the monogrammed pencil holder. and is it wrong I kind of want that party bucket for our July 4th party?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your target must be better than mine because I've never seen those AWESOME crabby plates and napkins. And the pencil cup is such a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Cass I love it! You are so creative!! I love the target goodies as well - what a fab gift! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute are these teacher gifts! What great ideas!! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pencil idea. I will have to try that for next year!

    I'm putting two ideas on my blog tomorrow. Both were super easy an cheap!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pencil cup! Now I wish school didnt end tomorrow and I had more time to make this.....I will definitely do it for the beginning of school! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As a teacher, I love that pencil cup! I may even make it for myself for my desk next year because its too adorable. What a great idea- I think your babysitter will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. As a teacher, I love that pencil cup! I may even make it for myself for my desk next year because its too adorable. What a great idea- I think your babysitter will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You come up with the greatest ideas and execute them perfectly! Love that pencil project! SOOO stinking CUTEEE

    ReplyDelete
  10. aw cute ! i love this DIY. i think a "summer kit" would be a cute gift.. sunblock, a borders gift card and some freezee pops :) xoxo jillian:: enter to win a leigh viner print!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I once had a teacher who said that the biggest thanks we could give her was not talking to her during the Summer holiday if we saw her around town.

    She wasn't a nice person, so it wasn't hard to do.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm not a teacher, but I'd love a little party/entertaining package like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What fun ideas! Love the cute crab napkins! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for those awesome ideas!!! I am usually the lame Mom that is in a panic the night before the last day of school because I haven't thought of something unique to give... not this year!!! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Too cute! I never did anything for my teachers in highschool, and I don't remember what I did in elementary school! I know I must've done something...probably just a cute little item my mom picked up.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is really cute. I will add it to my list of teacher gifts for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can't wait to see the photos! I LOVE the bucket of summer goodies. What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great ideas! I really should sit down and create a post of all the teacher gifts we've given over the years (with a 21 and 17 year, they are a plenty!).

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cute! I especially love the party basket idea.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the pencil case! I'm a teacher and I'd just love to get a gift like that!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just got back from Target with all of that great stuff! Love the idea. I couldn't find that cute bucket though. Was it in the same section?

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am continually blown away by your creativity! Would you believe I don't even own a hot glue gun?!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such cute and fun teacher gifts! I have to go grab a pack of those crab napkins. I love those!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Those are too cute and what a sweet and sincere way to thank those hard working teachers! Seriously, I pity the poor teacher who has to put up with my kiddos, Eek! Watch out, teachers!

    ReplyDelete
  25. You have great ideas - I love the pencil can, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love all the red, white & blue stuff from Target. I recently bought some and I think the bucket makes the cutest teacher's gift!

    ReplyDelete
  27. You are so thoughtful! I bet the teachers love you! I can't wait to see the photos either!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am a teacher and I love the bucket of summer goodies! Great idea!!! I wish your kids went to my school :P
    xo
    Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  29. HI, as a teacher I can say a can full of sharpened pencils would be much appreciated. I've received nice pen/pencil sets, brown bag of treats from whole foods (and an extra thoughtful touch was knowing I was vegetarian), easy care plants for the classroom, kitchen herbs, and really any consumable supply or supply that 'walks away' is a thoughtful gesture because of all the budget cuts. If you work in an office, Anything the company would like to donate (unload) would be used with gratitude. The nice thing is teachers are grateful no matter what it is!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like crack, or popcorn with milk duds, I just can't quit them. xoxo, cass

Google Analytics

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

rS tracking code

 

design + development by fabulous k