{Git In Mah Belly} Summer's Fruit

Monday, August 15, 2011

I know I insinuated that I'd be painting the armoire next, but I was derailed by blogs again.  I intended to paint, but instead, was drawn to the kitchen because of Natalie's ridiculous Blueberry Banana Bread recipe!

blueberry banana bread


I can't get enough of the Summer fruits, and I'm a sucker for bread that is jam-packed with them. I followed Natalie's recipe, but left off the glaze. But only because we were inhaling it as soon as it came out of the oven. To keep myself from eating the entire batch, I wrapped half the mini-loaves in wax paper and baking twine as gifts. Natalie says it's healthy and low-fat, but I'm not sure I believe her.

blueberry banana bread


My Son also returned home from Summer Camp this weekend, so I thought some homemade Strawberry Chocolate Chip Ice Cream was in order, too.


strawberry ice cream


This is my recipe, just print the picture if you want it for yourself.

strawberry ice cream recipe

And if you're wondering, yes, all I ever cook is bread, soups and homemade ice cream. And no, Cuisinart still isn't paying me!

Pin It!


14 witty retorts:

  1. Oh geez. Excuse me while I wipe the drool from my keyboard and desk.

    Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bread is ridic. Thanks for the shout out! If it makes you feel better I indulged in pizza and french fries all weekend now my shorts are tight:(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super yummy. I wish I were more of a baker. Send some on over my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This definitely looks good!!! We made a similar bread a couple weeks ago with Greek Yogurt...so yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! Homemade bread AND ice cream. Girl you are making the rest of us mommas look bad! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's still morning my time and that bread and ice cream are looking pretty yummy for breakfast! I love to bake so will be trying that bread.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm regretting reading this post before lunch. This looks soooo good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy! Love the idea of adding Blueberries to banana bread - inspired!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw man, I had *almost* successfully forgotten about this recipe and now I'm going to be forced to make it...and now I'm going to have to make that ice cream as well...dang it! Well, me and my sweatpants might be good friends for a couple of weeks, but it's going to be *SO* worth it...mwah ha ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh YUM! This looks to die for! I HAVE to pin it...I HAD to follow your blog too...because it is too cute! I would love it if you would stop by and follow back if you like what you see!

    THanks!
    Kirsten
    www.mushkiloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yummy! Now I've have a major sweet tooth for these treats. xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well praise be, swimsuit season is about over... so healthy or not, that bread is getting baked! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can you mail me that loaf of bread? I would ask for a scoop of the ice cream too, but I figure it would melt. And you have the 3 major food groups covered: bread, soups and homemade ice cream. You're just missing wine and cheese! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like crack, or popcorn with milk duds, I just can't quit them. And unfortunately, because of insane amounts of spam, I've had to disable Anonymous comments for awhile. I just didn't need any more information on penis enlargements! But you can always email me! xoxo, cass