Main Navigation

 photo HiSugarplum-MainNav-Home.png photo HiSugarplum-Projects.png photo HiSugarplum-Organize.png photo HiSugarplum-Holiday.png photo HiSugarplum-Fashion.png photo HiSugarplum-MainNav-travel.png

Ad - Header Leaderboard

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

{Living Room} Gold Goddess

I figured I couldn't very well name the armoire Blue Beauty, then just refer to the side table as, well, Side Table. And Golden Goddess suits her just fine! (You all figured it'd end up gold after this post.) I could even take it a step further and say Glamorous Golden Goddess.



before after gold table

Just like the console table, the mirror top popped right out of the table, saving me all kinds of prep time. Jenny talks of her gold paint by Ralph Lauren in several projects, but I have not been able to find it locally. So when I spied this Modern Masters Metallic Paint on the return shelf at Sherwin Williams recently, I snatched it up. (It's no longer sold at Sherwin Williams, but the Modern Masters website will direct you to local dealers.) It's fairly pricey at $15 for the 6oz. jar (and over $100 for a gallon!), but painting this table barely made a dent in it.

metallic paint

It's probably just as well my jar is so small, I have a feeling a lot more gold will be popping up in our home!

Here's what the Modern Masters website says about their product:

Metallic Paint Collection™  - Low-emitting non-flat paints in water based, non-tarnishing colors. Real metal particles, pearlescent pigments and traditional color pigments are uniquely combined to create a palette of beautiful, non-tarnishing, shimmering colors.

gold table collage

It's difficult to see the full lustre in photos, but the table doesn't look "painted." It's reflective and warm and not at all flat. I used Gold Rush, in the semi-opaque finish, and applied several coats with a foam craft brush. It dries quickly and I had no problems with drips or clumps. Since I used a foam brush, I'm not sure if it's prone to brush marks.

Picnik collage

This corner of the Living Room has fast become my favorite. The armoire and wingchair, once so out of place, are now perfectly harmonious with the room. The power of paint lives! The clam shell bowl is from Pier 1, and picks up the greens and blues perfectly. The urchin is a Furbish treasure, and the bird lamp belonged to my great-grandmother. I'm undecided on updates for it.

2
I need to address the pesky cord issue.

Here's some more Before & After goodness:

Picnik collage

And back a little further, to the side table I started with:

side table evolution

I'm still working on table vignettes, but I couldn't be happier with how this room is coming together. Do you have a favorite metallic paint?


3


LIVING ROOM TO-DO LIST
Paint Brick
Paint Hall Chest
Paint/Wallpaper Nook Walls
Paint Backdoor? Nope
Add Nailhead to Wingchair
New Covers for Barrel Chair Cushions
Clean Secretary
Gold Leaf Back of Secretary
More Coordinated Sofa Pillows


***Have you entered the Sheyna Giveaway yet? It's a good one!***

30 comments:

  1. Love the gold table! Your living room is one of my favorite rooms in blogland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Cassie! It looks awesome in the space.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks GREAT! The gold changes the dynamics of the room!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks awesome Cassie! and I spy my favorite accessory the gorgeous sea urchin. I realy need you to help me tackle my to-do list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. p.s what did you score at Target? I ended up spending like $180 way more than I wanted too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, i love it! i need a new side table for my living room and gold could be the way to go! thanks, as always, for the inspiration! liz

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a difference! I love how it pairs so nicely with your coffee table now and has such a nice lightness to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. gold makes everything a little more glam! love it :) xoxo jillian:: enter to win a knit cowl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are working through that list like nobody's business. It really looks great, Cassie. I am envious of that paint score. And I am also thinking it's very lucky it's a small jar. I could see Baby girl trotting off to school in gold shoes before too long! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the gold! Looks perfect Cassie! And I SO want that little urchin! Great job lady!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Looks fantastic Cass! What a difference a little paint can do!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, I love it! It was pretty before, but it's absolutely gorgeous with the gold!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that paint. I own two different shades of gold and it has yet to fail me!

    ReplyDelete
  14. loving the gold table, it looks so great. i recently became a lover of gold and have been slowly adding some to my house. i recently discovered Rub n' Buff--it's magical! i've used it for frames, and my sister-in-law recently used it on a chandelier and said it worked great.

    ReplyDelete
  15. And golden goddess she is! It turned out so fabulous...every bit as good as all those thousand dollar side tables that I drool over...she is one classy lady and she is looking fiiiiine...(c:

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cassie, you did a marvelous job. Your corner of the room looks wonderful. It gold changed the whole look. I'm impressed!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Found your blog a few weeks ago after clicking on an image from google image search and I am hooked! Talk about a rabbit hole! I was looking for images of stoves and ended up in your kitchen and was entranced by your site until the wee hours of the morning! Been following you ever since and you've inspired me to start a blog of my own, but don't check yet...it's too new and under construction. Just wanted to say hi and thanks. I feel like I know you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOWZA!!!! It's perfection! I love love love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amazing what a little paint can do! It looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. that was the perfect solution, cass! i love the gold on that table. to me it looks like it was always meant to be gold.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the gold paint you used and think I may need to paint a few things gold around my house too!
    Glad to meet another Dallas blogger!
    ~Beth

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow girl... fantastic job! Honestly, I am pleasantly suprised on how great the metalic gold brought that table to life! The whole room transformation is wonderful. Do you want to come play around in my Living Room... it's calling your name (lol)! AJ

    queenofmynest(at)gmail(dot)com
    queenofmynest(dot)blogspot(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  23. It looks so great in gold I never would have thought it was painted. It looks like it was always that color!

    ReplyDelete
  24. So great! I used the same exact paint on my bathroom ceiling! It does go far - I still have more than half of my jar (slightly bigger than yours).
    http://houseography.blogspot.com/2011/09/powder-room-bling-part-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ohhhh I love it!!! So much better! :) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  26. The table looks great ... very on trend. It's so funny how gold was shunned for a while, and now it's back, but mostly in a soft finish like what you did on the table. Although I do like silver because of it's coolness, I feel like gold lends a touch of sophistication to a room.

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a great update! Looks awesome and the whole room is lovely

    Jenny
    www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Could you tell me where you got that side table? Ive been looking for one just like it! Love that you painted it gold too!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like crack, or popcorn with milk duds, I just can't quit them. xoxo, cass

Google Analytics

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

rS tracking code

 

design + development by fabulous k