So many of you indicated you were going to give these a try, so I thought I'd share what I learned my second go-round!
- I chose glasses that had almost no taper towards the bottom. A glass that gets wider towards the top makes it difficult to wrap the tape straight. It wants to slowly slope upwards. TWSS This 4-pack was less than $5 at Target.
- I cut my zig-zags from contact paper, using the graph on the back as a spacing guide. Then I applied the sticky part to the glass. This method took 15-minutes for all 4 glasses....compared to the hours I spent cutting painters tape. The downside is the contact paper left some sticky residue on the glass.
- I allowed a wider space for drinking around the top. You know, just in case Angelina comes to dinner. Or Steven Tyler. Or Lisa Rinna. You follow?
- I rushed the painting this time around and the finish isn't as flawless. Slow, light coats is best.
- And my biggest improvement? I didn't put them in the dishwasher!!
I had some chevron strips leftover, so I jazzed up a simple glass candle with them.
I used the same method as the glasses, but substituted Rustoleum Lagoon in place of the Frosted Glass.
I guess I'm pretty happy I goofed the first batch of glasses, since now I have the cutest candle to show for it! Okay, maybe that's a stretch. Anyone else giving this project a whirl?