Main Navigation

 photo HiSugarplum-MainNav-Home.png photo HiSugarplum-Projects.png photo HiSugarplum-Organize.png photo HiSugarplum-Holiday.png photo HiSugarplum-Fashion.png photo HiSugarplum-MainNav-travel.png

Ad - Header Leaderboard

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Easy Peasy Christmas Decor

Hello, hello! I am loving all the projects linked up in yesterday's Christmas Cheer Party....thank you so much for participating. I'm trying to choose my favorites for a feature post next week, but you guys are making it really hard. Christmas definitely brings out the decorator in all of us! I'll leave the party open, so feel free to continue adding your projects as you get them done.

We spent a good part of Thanksgiving weekend putting up Christmas decor. But sometimes you just want something easy, fast and festive. And since you can't hang tinsel on Lindsay Lohan, I went a different route.


100_6401


There just so happened to be empty wine bottles laying around the house. *hiccup* I thought about using this method to drill a hole in the back of each bottle, then decided that defeated the purpose of 'fast & easy.' So I just threaded cheapie 25-light sets down the neck of each bottle, and topped them with tiny candle wreaths.

100_6397


How about that for a festive pop? I had a few more bottles, so the kids have one in each of their rooms, too.


100_6395


My aunt has been doing this for years, but she uses a green bottle decorated with Santa stickers. Too cute.

100_6396


I have these sitting near my kitchen sink, and they make me inexplicably happy. I have a feeling they'll remain there long after December 25.

100_6404

Do you have any easy peasy decor ideas? I've gotten all techy, and created a new tab at the top of the blog with my Christmas Projects. Check it out! And don't forget, the Christmas Cheer Link Party continues tomorrow, with vignette's at Courtney's!


** Linking up to Home Stories A to Z, Tip Junkie, Uncommon Slice of Suburbia, Just a Girl, Remodelaholic, The Shabby Nest, The DIY Showoff, TaterTots & Jello and Thrifty Decor Chick**



15 comments:

  1. So so cute and festive! Lindsay Lohan....you made me snort my coffee with that little snarky comment...and THAT'S why I love you :-) Ali

    ReplyDelete
  2. so darn cute! Love that Santa tray too! How cute!

    lea
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I'm the only one who still says "easy peasy"! It's funny b/c the post I linked up yesterday for the party even had that in the title!

    Love the bottle lights!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the holiday lights in the bottles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the holiday lights in the bottles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks great! I have a few extra wine bottles lying around too... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute idea! This is RIGHT up my alley! *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! So exciting that Christmas is near :)

    Jenny
    www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. my sister-in-law just gave us this & im sure she paid an arm & a leg for it! these look great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this! Great idea! I love how bright and festive this looks :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a great idea! I'm glad I have some empty wine bottles laying around :) It's the perfect way to add Christmas cheer to the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous idea. I would have never thought of doing something like this before but it looks so chic! Thanks for sharing! xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute!! I have loved this idea but didn't get to doing it yet. This is perfect for year round also so at least you're not taking it right back down after you just put it up (or at least thats how it feels anymore!)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like crack, or popcorn with milk duds, I just can't quit them. And unfortunately, because of insane amounts of spam, I've had to disable Anonymous comments for awhile. I just didn't need any more information on penis enlargements! But you can always email me! xoxo, cass

Google Analytics

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

rS tracking code

 

design + development by fabulous k