Our Thanksgiving Table

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

We are hosting my in-laws for Thanksgiving this year, which is perfect because they make the turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes and pie! I'm hardly responsible for anything, so I focus my energy on the table setting. And eating.


100_6312

In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I decided to be thankful for what I already own, and create the table using only items I had on hand.


100_6302

These mini-pumpkin votives are my favorite part. I just cut out the top, emptied the guts and inserted a tea light. The kids think I'm some sort of creative genius now. I didn't bother telling them I probably spied this idea on Pinterest!

100_6292

The Paper Pumpkin Placecards were my starting point, so I pulled green and orange, along with the natural elements from them.

thanksgiving table

Sticking with a casual paper theme, the runner is a roll of brown packing paper.

100_6305

The jute and sisal pumpkins are from our Tricked Out Pumpkins created for Halloween. The bread plates are quirky dishes I picked up on clearance from West Elm awhile ago, and the green flatware and goblets are 'vintage' World Market.

100_6299



100_6315

To keep things clean and un-fussy, I layered basic white Pier 1 dishes with white linens we brought back from our trip to Belgium.


thanksgiving table

To give the centerpiece a little height, I draped a scrap of burlap over a cake stand and topped it with the Decoupaged Pumpkin.


100_6309

Simple white carnations in mason jars tied with jute string, and mini-pumpkins and gourds make up the remainder of the centerpiece.


100_6313



thanksgiving table

I love the peek of the Fall Mantel with our Thankful Tree.


100_6308

The buffet holds white stems in a burlap-wrapped vase, and more paper pumpkins.

100_6289

The Scented Pinecone Wreath rounds out our simple Fall decor.

100_6284




100_6297




100_6312

All the table needs now, is to be surrounded by my family. My cup runneth over....
I hope you're all having a fabulous week!


***********
And I have been remiss in welcoming my new sponsors!!!

Elisabeth Michael is one chic Etsy shop. The girl has gorgeous pillows, drapes and shower curtains.
Hop over quick, she's offering a free pillow cover with any purchase!



I'm really excited to be working with Adrianne's 31 Gifts. Thirty-One is a company based upon Proverbs 31, to celebrate, encourage and reward women by offering quality products and an outstanding opportunity to become successful business owners.



I thank you for sponsoring, and my unfinished Living Room thanks you! If you're interested in reaching oodles of clever, gorgeous readers, shoot me an email for rates and stats.


Pin It!


28 witty retorts:

  1. adore burlap and love the paper pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being thankful for what you have, so wonderful Cass. Your table is beautiful, and how lovely that your inlaws handle the big ticket food items! Hope it's perfect for ya'll!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your table is absolutely beautiful!!! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous! i need to figure out a tablescape for thanksgiving asap! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you're "thankful for what you have". I'm definitely adopting the same motto. I just tagged your paper pumpkin tutorial and can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cass, this is by far one of my favorites this season! The table is beautiful, but the fact that you took the time to stop and think about the true meaning while decorating is what I truly love! Great job! And, have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks really great! You're certainly ahead of the game. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So so pretty, C! Those pumpkin votives really are adorable. And I am in love with the gold/white Mod Podged pumpkin! Glamourous : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks great Cassie!! Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your table setting looks great!!! Love the various pumpkins and carnations...those flowers last forever! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so pretty. I love the little skeleton key dishes, paper pumpkins and especially the little carnations in the jute-string-wrapped jars. Gorgeous!

    Jenny
    www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. So adorable Cassie! I love the tea lights in the little pumpys! Happy Thanksgiving, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can totally use that runner idea for other party ideas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so pretty! I say pull up at foldout table and eat right beside it then you can look at the awesome-ness all dinner long1

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cassie, you never disappoint me with your tablescapes. Is it wrong I am hosting the in-laws this year and all I have done is pick up pine combs for the table? oh and I did buy wine- priorities, right! being thankful is right though, we all are blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my word loving your tablescape!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Woot! I quite like the idea of the burlap and the cake stand :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love it! It's fun and festive and yet elegant at the same time. And there is plenty of room for food, which is the most important thing. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cassie I love this - it looks so pretty! You did such a great job. The colours look fab!
    Rachie xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. So creative, chic and fun!!Hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a beautiful table! I love how you were able to pull that together with things you already owned- you're inspiring me to step it up! I would not have anything to put as a centerpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So cute and fresh! Happy thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cassie, this is so wonderful! I adore your paper pumpkin placecards and your inviting table, thank you so much for linking up today!
    xoxo
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the way you mixed the rustic with the classic elegance and your place card pumpkins are to die for!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like crack, or popcorn with milk duds, I just can't quit them. And unfortunately, because of insane amounts of spam, I've had to disable Anonymous comments for awhile. I just didn't need any more information on penis enlargements! But you can always email me! xoxo, cass