Main Navigation

 photo HiSugarplum-MainNav-Home.png photo HiSugarplum-Projects.png photo HiSugarplum-Organize.png photo HiSugarplum-Holiday.png photo HiSugarplum-Fashion.png photo HiSugarplum-MainNav-travel.png

Ad - Header Leaderboard

Friday, December 9, 2011

{Christmas} Metallic Bow Wreath

Funny how I used to be fairly indifferent to wreaths, and yet so far this season, I've made multiple wreaths of scented pinecones, boxwood and rosemary?! And now stick-on bows!! What's next, painted toilet paper rolls? Well, if cardboard tubes can turn out as fun and shiny as this, I'm game! *not really*

100_6363

Not knowing how this would look, I didn't want to invest a lot. Who am I kidding, I wouldn't have invested a lot regardless. So I started with a fiddy-cent tube of pipe insulation (like I used here), and a $5 bag of metallic stick-on bows. If you make this, you'll probably think you're clever by skipping the glue-gun and just sticking them directly to the form. But the next day your smugness will deflate because half of them will have fallen off. So just get the glue gun after it, gluing the bows willy-nilly until the form is covered.

christmas bow wreath

I had a few bald spots, so I added silver curly ribbon.

100_6325

And since we're having a pink Christmas, I looped a strip of pink ribbon through for hanging.

100_6367

I liked it so much, I made two. And I guess wreaths on the window is my thing this year.

100_6602

I think the Den is the perfect spot for these whimsical wreaths....especially since they hang near the Christmas tree (tree, packages, bows...get it?)

100_6609

100_6655

100_6606

100_6363

Happy Friday, dollfaces! I hope it's a wonderfully productive weekend for you...I'm trying to wrap things up so I can relax and enjoy all this crazy craftiness! Click here to catch up on what we've done so far.

22 comments:

  1. Wow! You are a crafting DIY queen this Christmas! This is really stinkin cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVe! Super Cute! Can I come steal some of your Christmas decorations!?!? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool. Now I'm off to write a reminder to myself to buy bags of clearance bows in the after-Christmas sales so I can do this next year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh these are too fun - or should I say two fun ;) Love them- and that room looks so warm and inviting too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you want to be even cheaaaaaaaaper...Instead of buying the pipe (oh, I just saw you said it was 50 cents. But still, us DIYers pride ourselves on using what we have, right?! Even if it takes more steps.), use a wrapping paper roll. Thin ones are usually just lightly glued together in a spiral. Undo it and attach the two ends. Reinforce with brown paper bags and tape all around. And that's it! It supported my large crepe paper rose wreath here http://adaywithlilmama.blogspot.com/2011/02/first-birthday-party-decorations_17.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! And something that I think even I could do! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dang you Cassie! That is so cute!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh these are just too much fun- fabulous job Cassie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw this one on Real Simple and I'm obsessed! Thanks for posting about it; they look great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this!!1 whatta a great idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now *this* is a project I can get behind! I'm totally game for something that doesn't take a lot of money or attention span...I lack both (c: and it's *SHINY*! Grand slam.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love these! They are so incredibly cute, and making them yourself makes them even more special. I LOVE your Christmas tree too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so "me"! I love it. You are on fire, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pipe insulation!?! Genius! And OMG lil mama took it a step further with a wrapping paper roll! We are on our way to toilet paper rolls!! So hysterical... This wreath is so sexy (hmmm too much to call a wreath sexy???)and looks great with all your pink.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Simple and fabulous! My kind of craft! Love it and I love your christmas pics! So fun. Oh and your green pillow, If I were your neighbor, I would steel it and then totally deny it! :)

    have a happy day!
    Tausha
    sassystyleredesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Shut. Up. These are so stinkin' cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Totally pinning this. These are so cute! I love the silver with the pink. I haven't been able to follow along like I would have liked to, but your tree and mantles look amazing, friend! Great job all around! I love that your color is pink!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love me a cute wreath and cheapo one is even better! This looks fantastic, Cassie.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love it! I never would have thought to use pipe insulation for the wreath form, how clever!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like crack, or popcorn with milk duds, I just can't quit them. xoxo, cass

Google Analytics

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

rS tracking code

 

design + development by fabulous k