Snow Covered Pine Cones

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Texas gets an occasional snow dusting. We've even had a White Christmas once. But it's not likely to happen this year, so we decided to create a little snow ourselves. Doesn't everything look prettier with a fresh layer of snow?!

100_6788

Our Snowy Pine Cones turned out so pretty, and projects don't get much simpler or cheaper than this one...bonus! Gather some pine cones...I don't have any in my yard, so I bought scented ones of course! Apply glue to each tip, then cover with sea salt. I also sprinkled on some white and silver glitter for added sparkle.

snow covered pine cones


It was fairly messy, so I had no problems rounding up a helper.

100_6782

Set your cones out to dry.

100_6784

Then shake off any excess salt and glitter. Cue more mess.

100_6785

You could use only glitter, but I wanted mine to look as though I just gathered them out of the snowy yard. Using a handbasket as my purse while skipping and twirling about. Is that exactly what they look like?

100_6791

I love all the touches of nature in our Christmas decor this year.

100_6796


100_6795


100_6788

I'm excited to share these Snowy Pine Cones at Michaela's today! She's hosting the final day of our Christmas Cheer Link Parties! It's been so fun and inspiring, and I loved seeing everyone's creations. Thank you so much for participating. All the parties are still open, so go check them out if you haven't already.

Christmas Crafts at Hi Sugarplum!
Christmas Vignettes at A Thoughtful Place
Mantelscapes at Ten June
Christmas Trees at Honey We're Home
Tasty Recipes at Schue Love
Holiday Decor at Michaela Noelle



Pin It!


16 witty retorts:

  1. v cute! and what a great way to get the kids involved! xoxo jillian:: cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  2. so easy and oh so cute!! They look so elegant in that bowl on your table!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this idea! we did tons of glittered pine cones this year, but i think i may have to try this one next year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cassie you are rocking the holidays! Love all the crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the snowy pinecones! I actually work up to a dusting of snow {not unusual in Tahoe, I know, BUT we've had a very mild winter so far!} so this is well-timed!! Super cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. very cute! I was wondering how your boxwood wreaths are holding up- I've thought of making some myself-but worry that the heater will dry them out fast (of course its 75 degrees here today-ahhh Houston)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute and easy idea. We have a ton of pinecones in our yard I will have to give this one a try.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We did this this year also! Love how simple and effective it is!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are so cute. You just reminded me that I had bought a bag of pinecones and put them in a safe spot . . . hmmm. Totally forgot. Thanks for all of the inspiration my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so darling! I would've never thought of sea salt = faux snow...but it looks absolutely fantastic! I should tackle this one with the little guys!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that the kiddos can be involved. :) Those pine cones are so pretty! It was so warm here today, I can't imagine a White Christmas! Thanks for the visit today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh those look great! I tried the glitter spray paint, but it didn't turn out as much as I wanted. Maybe i'll give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gah, it was like 80 degrees here today! Does not feel like Christmas. Those pine cones are so cute! Then with your leftover salt, you can rim a margarita glass!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those are beautiful, as is your side table and rug! Oh, I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Found your blog through {Honey We're Home}...I love this project...I amy need to give it a go next week with the kids home! They are so pretty and festive!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like crack, or popcorn with milk duds, I just can't quit them. And unfortunately, because of insane amounts of spam, I've had to disable Anonymous comments for awhile. I just didn't need any more information on penis enlargements! But you can always email me! xoxo, cass