Simple Lace Votives

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Not every project has to be (or can be) monumental. Sure, we all love big room makeovers and furniture before & afters, but we also have lives! Lives that only allow for a few extra hours to spend on projects (if we're lucky). Today's post is a simple and sweet project that you can do in those precious minutes between life's responsibilities and collapsing in to bed each night.

100_7039

I was so smitten with the black lace votives from our Halloween Mantel, that I made a lighter version for Valentine's Day. All you need is a scrap of lace trim, glass votive and ribbon.

100_7035

I attached the lace to the glass with a small piece of double-stick tape (I don't want these permanent), then tied it with some bakers twine.

100_7031

Sweet, fast, cheap and easy! That seems to be a recurring theme around here lately!

Pin It!


14 witty retorts:

  1. Love these votives! Love sweet, fast, cheap and easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you're talking my language. Sweet, fast, cheap and easy. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet! I love how lace is evolving into a modern accent for decor. No more fussy grandma stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it and LOVED seeing you over at Little Green Notebook today, such a rockstar!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't you just love that red and white twine? I have a roll and I use it all the time! Cute idea.
    www.winetastegirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how sweet and delicate these look! I can even do this...!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet idea for Valentine's Day! You have really great ideas, and I love your site (and sense of style!). xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yahoo on Little Green Notebook! SO awesome. Those are really sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just discovered your blog today and have been pouring over it--it's such a breath of fresh air and full of new ideas that I haven't seen before. I must admit--I've already borrowed one of your ideas and am loving the results!
    Also, I'm extra excited because I noticed that you were featured in an article in the Dallas paper and I saw that you're from Plano. We are moving to the Plano area in the next few months. In fact, my husband is already there with a new job.
    Thanks for sharing--can't wait to read future posts!
    Dani

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sweet! I love that Wells is getting closer to recognize holidays so we can make cute decorations like this together!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like crack, or popcorn with milk duds, I just can't quit them. And unfortunately, because of insane amounts of spam, I've had to disable Anonymous comments for awhile. I just didn't need any more information on penis enlargements! But you can always email me! xoxo, cass