Main Navigation

 photo HiSugarplum-MainNav-Home.png photo HiSugarplum-Projects.png photo HiSugarplum-Organize.png photo HiSugarplum-Holiday.png photo HiSugarplum-Fashion.png photo HiSugarplum-MainNav-travel.png

Ad - Header Leaderboard

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

(Outfit Inspiration} Kelly Green & Leopard

Happy Halloween, friends! After a month of posting Halloween projects and decor, you'd think today's {Outfit Inspiration} would have some connection to the holiday. But nope, that would make too much sense. Instead I whipped out my favorite color lately....kelly green, and paired it with my favorite accent...leopard! I also threw in a pop of red for good measure.

Shocker alert...I'm not wearing an a-line skirt!

green & leopard

Since Texas is having a temperamental Fall, my jean jacket (circa 1990s, for reals) has become a go-to outfit addition. But I think most every outfit benefits from a fitted denim jacket.

green & leopard

Many of you ask who takes these pictures...it used to be my sweet friend at work, but after she changed jobs, my 11-year-old son took over. Sometimes I have to bribe him, other times he's way into it and totally cracks me up. I usually get six frames from him before he heads back inside....thus why some of the pics aren't so great!

green & leopard

I finally jumped on the bubble necklace bandwagon, after finding this one for $16 (thanks for the tip Sheaffer!)!! I jingle like a reindeer when I walk, but it's totally worth it. No one said cute comes easy.

 green & leopard

What do you think....a scary trick, or a definite treat? Bring on the sugar coma tonight! I hope everyone has a fun and safe evening, and many thoughts and prayers go out to those suffering from Sandy's wrath that bitch!


{Outfit Details: Top: J.Crew Factory | Jean Jacket: old Gap (similar & similar)  | Bubble Necklace: Etsy | Pants: J.Crew Factory | Red Peep-Toes: Tahari (similar & similar) | Watch: Nordstrom BP | Bracelet: Forever 21 | Patent Belt: Banana Republic}

28 comments:

  1. Just got a bubble necklace too! Very cool outfit today...but then I love kelly green with absolutely everything :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love love the outfit, cassie! and i cant wait till my 5 yr old snap picks of his mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love my jean jacket! It goes with everything. Well, except jean on jean. Don't know many people who can pull that one off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look smokin'!! Why don't you wear more pants? And your hair looks really cute all curly.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great combo! The thing that makes me most insane about my bubble necklace is how the seatbelt pulls on it in the car. Ubber annoying. I'll need to pull out my old jean jacket after seeing this post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i LOVE it! I just got my own turquoise bubble necklace-I just need to learn how to style it best! Looking forward to your next outfit :)

    xo,
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the combo! In fact I think you've just inspired a leopard rug instead of a black and white stripe in my kelly green bathroom...yay!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! The addition of the red shoes is the icing on the cake! I need that shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Cassie! I love this series - so fun and great outfits... always!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Green travels is a perfect way of recreation and discovering the nature. Moreover, it helps to discover traditions of other peoples. Green travel to Ukraine provides outstanding opportunities for it. Just see these places http://ukraine-vacation-guide.com/publ/green_travels/13 I bet you will go there during your next vacation! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a huge fan of leopard print anything. And I'm starting to get into kelly green too. Thinking of making it an accent color in my living room. Would love to incorporate some leopard print too, but I have a feeling my boyfriend won't approve...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the outfit! So pretty. I can't wait until my little man is old enough to take pictures of me.

    I am so glad I am not the only one who still has a jean jacket from the 90's! I need to haul it out of the closet!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ahh, great minds think alike! I posted about my Kelly Green Pants today! In my post I didn't pair them with leopard, but I have before and I love it! You look adorable!

    -Sarah {tuckerup.blogspot.com}

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your outfit! You can't go wrong with a jean jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super cute! Our weather is just as crazy, just a few days usually behind yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love Love Love the leopard and kelly green! So fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. seriously cute! I wish we lived closer so we could swap closets!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So cute! Kelly green is a very good color on you! :-) I love that your son takes the pictures, too -- that is too sweet, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cassie, your posts are so fun to read! Your photographer is doing a great job- give that boy a raise. :) You look great in that outfit- and I agree about the demin jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am in love with the outfit, I have a chocolate brown cordoruy jacket circa 1998 that I plan on wearing frequently when I re-depploy and go home. I am love with the 11 yr old future Lord Snowdon....AND the green curule desk! I am in LOVE wiht the "curule" style and desperate to find something like it for my house.

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOL @ "suffering from Sandy's wrath that bitch". Makes me think of when I was in college & every time we had a football game vs. Michigan in Ann Arbor, MI we'd chant "Ann Arbor is a whore!" I could never pull off leopard but you do it beautifully chica!

    ReplyDelete
  22. LOVE the necklace, LOVE the shirt, LOVE the leopard cuffed over the jacket sleeves, LOVE the red shoes. Thanks for the shout out friend!
    Sheaffer :)
    www.pinteresttoldmeto.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I had to come back and look at this post again. Yup, love that top. Leopard is really a neutral isn't it?? You pull off the whole outfit effortlessly!! Love the pop of red too!

    ReplyDelete
  24. LOVE! I am so behind. Kudos to your photog. Such great shots and you look adorable. LOL about sounding like a reindeer. Yup. I have a couple of those necklaces and everyone knows I am coming!

    ReplyDelete
  25. You look fab & sassy! LOVE the leopard and green

    ReplyDelete
  26. Perfect, gorgeous. And I love the inspiration rooms! You have me wanting to pair leopard and green now. Thanks for linking up with us today.

    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  27. what a great combination of jean, leopard, kelly green (and red too!) I love that your son took these.
    floralandfudge

    ReplyDelete
  28. so pretty!

    http://ordinaryinspirations.blogspot.com/2013/02/thrift-finds-what-i-wore-wednesday-week.html

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like crack, or popcorn with milk duds, I just can't quit them. xoxo, cass

Google Analytics

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

rS tracking code

 

design + development by fabulous k