Main Navigation

 photo HiSugarplum-MainNav-Home.png photo HiSugarplum-Projects.png photo HiSugarplum-Organize.png photo HiSugarplum-Holiday.png photo HiSugarplum-Fashion.png photo HiSugarplum-MainNav-travel.png

Ad - Header Leaderboard

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Oh Christmas Tree

Well, after weeks of 70-degree temperatures, and not feeling like Christmas at all, Texas finally got in the game and gave us a good freeze yesterday! We even got a light dusting of snow! That's pretty exciting stuff around here, and makes snuggling up under the tree that much sweeter.

Christmas Tree

After seven years of trying, last year we finally found the perfect spot in our house for the tree. Then we went and bought a sectional and completely changed the layout of the Family Room. So now we're back playing musical furniture, and trying out new places. Our bedroom looks like a yard sale, but we were finally able to make room for the tree in the Living Room.

Christmas Tree

Just like the brightly colored snowflakes we used to make a Glittery Wreath, I found these jewel-toned curly sticks at the Target after-Christmas sale. I put thin white ones all over the tree, but kept the bright ones concentrated around the top for more impact. I love all the whimsy they add.




Christmas Tree


I buy an ornament each year for the kid's picture, and pulling those out is my favorite part. It's impossible to not get nostalgic, and a little heart-sick at how quickly they are growing up. *gulp*

Christmas Tree

Christmas Tree

All our DIY Ornaments I showed you yesterday really helped give the tree the bright, jewel-toned look we were going for. And it's fun knowing we created them together.

Christmas Tree

Christmas Tree

Christmas Tree

Christmas Tree

Christmas Tree

I'm still crazy about last year's Marbleized Ornaments.

Christmas Tree

We added this little funny to our collection this year....kind of a nod to Mr. Sugarplum's profession.

Christmas Tree

I miss not having the tree in the Family Room with us at night, but the Living Room is one festive place...and will make for a fun Christmas morning.

Christmas Tree

My favorite part of this year's tree has to be the skirt!

Christmas Tree

A cheapie DIY I'll show you tomorrow! I can't give away all the goods at one time!!

Christmas Tree

But no matter how it's decorated, every tree is beautiful and magical at night. Pass the cocoa, please!

Christmas Tree

I'm sharing my tree with Megan today, as the Christmas Cheer Link Party is still in full swing! Do you get choked up when decorating your tree? Are you spending evenings lying on fur rugs under your tree? Wait, don't tell me.


21 comments:

  1. sp [retty and colorful- the skirt is awesome! love the pom pom trim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! You're DIY talent amazes me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun and magical to the hilt ~ it looks just like you, Cassie!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we hit up the same Target sale last year...jewel tones seem to be the trend, or all that is left after Christmas! Love the skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the bright colors you went with this year!
    Jenn
    With Luck

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love, LOVE your tree! So fun. It's in a beautiful spot too.

    ~FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
  7. It had been unusually warm here too! Your tree is gorgeous! Love this whole room!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Cassie!! Love it! I have similar curly sticks on my tree and just love the dimension they add!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had to get up off of my fur rug to come over and comment! Such a pretty tree, Cassie. Those colors all look so fun in that space. And your DIY ornaments are inspiring me. Oh, boy. Thanks ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Goodness I love the tree skirt!! Does this mean the first sewing machine was the problem? It's always the machine not the user - my sewing motto! ;) Love how the tree turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Totally agree on the magic of the lights. I love turning mine on every morning - yes, I leave it on all day so I can look at it and sign with nostalgia and happiness at, oh, everything :) Yours looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I agree. The tree looks perfect in that room. And I looooove the tree skirt... can't wait to hear about that tomorrow. Did someone kiss and make up with her sewing machine?! : )

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty! I love all the ornaments. We have our tree in our family room because we don't have a living room. We have an all purpose room. I have to say, I would miss it at night. I love turning the lights on and just looking at it sparkle.

    I'm also jealous your tree has ornaments all the way down to the bottom. We have a 17 month old son so we used plastic ornaments on the tree. Well, he took every ornament off the bottom 3 feet. As far as he can reach, it's bare. It's just the tree and lights on the bottom. Funny thing is, he doesn't bother the tree as long as there are no ornaments on the bottom. Whatever works I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay! So pleased it's feeling colder and more festive in your part of the world! Love the tree! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm pretty sure if I could ever bust in on a movie's Christmas, it would be the Whoville Christmas from the Grinch...this totally reminds me of a Who tree, in the best possible fun, whimsical, fantasy colors kind of way! And *dying* over your Home for Christmas ornament...that's gonna be me this year (c;

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous Christmas Tree
    I love all the litlle details
    xoxo
    Lulu

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your tree! The jewel tones are seriously fabulous for Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful! I love the curly sticks!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your tree looks so happy! I love that one sign so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your tree is gorgeous! Love the bright colors!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like crack, or popcorn with milk duds, I just can't quit them. xoxo, cass

Google Analytics

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

rS tracking code

 

design + development by fabulous k