Main Navigation

 photo HiSugarplum-MainNav-Home.png photo HiSugarplum-Projects.png photo HiSugarplum-Organize.png photo HiSugarplum-Holiday.png photo HiSugarplum-Fashion.png photo HiSugarplum-MainNav-travel.png

Ad - Header Leaderboard

Thursday, January 10, 2013

An American In....



In a recent issue of House Beautiful, they visited the homes of Americans living in the Bahamas, Kenya, Paris and Mexico. Each was the perfect blend of the owner's American style, combined with their new global influence. I love to peek inside homes when Mr. Sugarplum and I travel, and imagine what it would be like to have a little apartment on a Paris side street, or wake up every day to crashing waves on a white-sand beach. All sound like utter bliss...and I had a hard time deciding which locale and decor appealed to me most.

This Bahamian home is the perfect blend of Caribbean and preppy, full of bright spaces and blue accents.











This compound of thatched-roof cottages in Kenya is indoor-outdoor living at it's best.










This Paris apartment is on the top floor of an elegant 18th-century townhouse, and full of lacquered walls, heavy drapes and velvet....and an unlimited supply of chocolate croissants!












They refer to this home in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico, as a 'minimalist hacienda,' but it looks pretty max to me...especially those brick ceilings!









Mr. Sugarplum and I have been to Paris, so I can see myself there. And our Pool Bathroom was inspired by our love of San Miguel, so obviously we have a heart for that decor, too. Our Living Room looks most like the house in the Bahamas, but we also have rustic touches like the Kenyan home in our Family Room. That's what's so grand about American style...anything and everything goes, as long as it brings you happiness at home...wherever that may be! Which of these places appeals to you? Would you live abroad if given the choice?

11 comments:

  1. I like the look of the Kenyan home but think I'd take the Paris apartment for the location :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Bahamian home is my fav - absolutely gorgeous and has me craving summer. I always thought I could be the cool person that packs up everything and heads overseas, but whenever the opportunity has presented itself I freak out too much to make it happen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeeze. These are beautiful! I think I like the first two styles best-all airy and bright. Makes me long for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't like any of those places in their entirety, rather I love elements from all of them! Something about each one speaks to me: the light and breezy feel of the Bahamian house, the ceilings and indoor/outdoor casual feel of the home in Kenya, the old world glamour of the Parisian home and then the rustic aspects of the house in Mexico.

    I've been to the Caribbean, Paris and Mexico (but not Kenya) and have a deep love of each of them. I don't know if I could chose. I'm a beach girl through and through, yet I loved Paris and the urban feel (we went in the winter, and it was magical). So I'd like to have a home in each place. Yep. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that title...I thought for sure you were heading to Paris, I was so excited for you before the post even opened! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful houses Cassie! Thanks for sharing these! Can't imagine managing more than 1 house but I can also imagine LIVING in one of those houses for sure! B

    Being an immigrant to this country I can definitely see myself going back to my home country (abroad to all you but home to me), the Philippines, I misss the tropics especially during this winter time. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These homes are beautiful! I think Bahamian and the Mexican are my favourite (Im a beach girl) but the first thing I thought when I saw the Mexican bathroom was... can you imagine cleaning that shower and sink!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That first one could totally be your place!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a question: I follow all the terrific decor blogs and love them. But, does anyone know of blogs where: the kitchen is not white but is wood, the sofas don't have white slipcovers, and they don't have a lot of vintage stuff? I am having trouble finding these. Thanks for your help.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We moved to London last August - I walk around all the time in awe that a southern girl like me is living here. Love this post. Every city we have visited we can picture living there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Connie -- everyone has different taste and decorating styles, so most all of the blogs are different. I don't have a white kitchen, white slipcover or many vintage items...but I certainly can appreciate those that do! :) With millions of blogs, there are plenty to browse through!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like crack, or popcorn with milk duds, I just can't quit them. And unfortunately, because of insane amounts of spam, I've had to disable Anonymous comments for awhile. I just didn't need any more information on penis enlargements! But you can always email me! xoxo, cass

Google Analytics

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

rS tracking code

 

design + development by fabulous k