20 Heart-Shaped Food Ideas

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day, my sweets! We don't have any elaborate plans for the day, just quiet family time at home. I'd like dinner to be a little special though, so I rounded up some sweet heart-shaped food ideas. I'll probably go for something as simple as grilled cheese sandwiches...but cut in the shape of a heart, who can resist?!

Heart Shaped Food Ideas


 






Pinned Image








{via}







 




17 Heart Shaped Food Ideas for Valentines Day


Heart-Shaped_Pancakes4




Check out my Whoopie Pies, Cookies on a Stick, and Linzer Heart Cookies for more heart and food combinations. And while the Cinnamon Roll Waffles aren't heart-shaped, they are practically impossible to deny. Breakfast for dinner, anyone?! 

Whatever your plans, if you celebrate or not, I hope your day is full of sweet! And to my Mr. Sugarplum...



Pin It!


8 witty retorts:

  1. Gastronomic feast = true love! Happy hearts day to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eating regular food in the shape of a heart definitely makes this day more festive! Love these ideas. P.S. When you originally posted about the whoopie pies two years ago, I went to the craft store asking if they carried a "whoopie pie" kit. I probably should have asked a different employee because every time I used the word "whoopie" she acted as if I said a naughty word along with an even naughtier gesture. Every where else I went, people acted like I was nuts. Fast forward 2 years and whoopie pie kits are everywhere! You were ahead of time and maybe even catapulted that idea into fame?!? Regardless, every time I hear "whoopie" I instantly think of your post and then the looks the clearly offended employee gave me. Thought you'd enjoy! Have a great day with your family! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun round up! Heart shaped grilled cheese sounds perfect to me. Growing up my Mom always made us a heart shaped red velvet cake and it is still my favorite dessert as an adult. Happy Valentine's Day Cassie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great round-up! I love the heart shaped beets on the salad. Of course, my husband doesn't eat beets, so I'm not sure he'd be all that impressed if I used that idea!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need more heart shaped food in my life!!! This is just so adorable...I wonder if my kids would eat more veggies if I made them heart shaped??? I guess it's worth a shot (c; Happy Love Day, love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny you posted this today - my husband made me a biscuit, egg and cheese sandwich for breakfast this morning, and the egg was heart-shaped. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am drooling just looking at all of this heart-shaped goodness! Makes me want to go bust out my heart cookie cutter! Thanks for the cute roundup! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ~Abby =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummm, my tummy is growling, they all look delicious! Hope you had a great Valentines day!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like crack, or popcorn with milk duds, I just can't quit them. And unfortunately, because of insane amounts of spam, I've had to disable Anonymous comments for awhile. I just didn't need any more information on penis enlargements! But you can always email me! xoxo, cass