Main Navigation

 photo HiSugarplum-MainNav-Home.png photo HiSugarplum-Projects.png photo HiSugarplum-Organize.png photo HiSugarplum-Holiday.png photo HiSugarplum-Fashion.png photo HiSugarplum-MainNav-travel.png

Ad - Header Leaderboard

Friday, February 15, 2013

The Friday Five

Hey, hey, hey...Happy Friday! Is this the start of a long weekend for any of you lucky ducks? I'm not off Monday for President's Day, but the kids are...which means sleepovers for them...and date night for us!! Woot, Woot! My brain is all over the place, per usual, so here's a random Friday Five of happenings around here.

1) A $200 gift card I received for Christmas has been burning a hole in my pocket, but I'm hoarding it like a Lohan does hair extensions. I keep waiting for the perfect thing to come along. Something I just have to have, but would never actually buy for myself. Right now, the  Madewell Transport Tote is top of my list. Did I mention it can be monogrammed, mom? This looks like one of those bags that just looks better with age. Unlike the ones under my eyes.

The Transport Tote 

2) I did a little closet purging, and finally let go of some jeans that I had no business trying to wear. I have a few pairs of these skinnies, which I love, but I'm not sure are completely flattering on my shape. I'm ready to go back to the days of slimming dark denim, with a hips-forgiving bootcut. The Hudson Signature Bootcut Jeans are on my radar, but I'm not sure if the flap pocket is a good or bad thing, cause this baby got back.Cute, aren't they?!

Hudson Jeans Signature Flap Pocket Bootcut Jeans (Savage)


3) Are you watching The Bachelor this season? I usually wait until only a few girls are left, but jumped on board early this season since Sean is a Dallas boy. How cute was his sister, Shay, on this week's episode? Did you know she has a blog, Mix and Match Family, and totally dishes all the behind-the-scenes stuff on her brother?! Oh yeah, totally fun to read.


And to make the world even smaller, my friend Sheaffer at Pinterest Told Me To is Shay's BFF. Sheaffer is a hoot-and-a-half, and writes the funniest Bachelor recaps. Even if you don't watch the show, you'll be laughing at all the crazy she dishes on!


4) Don't forget the Charles Emerson Designs discount code expires tomorrow, as does the giveaway for this fabulous J.Crew-esque bracelet! The Zabby scarf and Nicole bracelet are on their way to me. Happy Valentines, Cassie. Why thank you, Cassie!

Charles Emerson

5) And finally, a huge Texas Welcome to my newest sponsors, A Girl Named Gay and Smart, Blonde & Crafty; and welcome back to Quality Bath. I know ads are a touchy subject for readers and bloggers, but they are essential to my Project Fund! And more funds mean more projects...win-win, right?! Go check them out this weekend!

A Girl Named Gay


SmartBlondeCrafty1


200x200_kitchen_sink


So what randomness is running around your brain this Friday? I'd love to know your favorite brand and fit of jeans. I have a pair from Old Navy that are perfection, but of course they aren't available any longer. Are you over the muffin top, too? What would you buy with an extra $200? Happy weekend, lovebugs!

23 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out friend!!!!!
    xoxo,
    Sheaffer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are funny! I switched to wordpress last fall and for some reason I couldn't go back to my blogger reading list so I lost my list of followers. As far as jeans, my teen daughter tells me anyone over 30 should not have bling on the backside. I love the dark denim, slight bootcut at White House/Black Market. Love them for my dressy jeans! laura@imnotatrophywife.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO over the muffin top. I don't understand why anyone would want to wear a pair of skinny jeans. Saggy butt never looked good on anyone!

    I want this little Tiffany smart wallet that costs $295. It holds your smart phone, cash, cards, you name it. But it is still small and simple. I'd NEVER buy it for myself. I can't fathom paying that for a wallet, but the thing is...I'd use it EVERY SINGLE DAY! It wouldn't get old after a few months either. It would get used for years. So...if I ever had $200 burning a whole in my pocket I'd use it on that cute little {useful} Tiffany wallet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you're watching earlier than usual this season! I'm also so glad that we've become friends...you're adorable! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just bought 2 new pairs of skinnies from Old Navy and love them! I never even thought to try them for jeans and was shocked out how great they fit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, thanks for giving me two new blogs to read. Because I need more to do on the computer :)

    And, I need jeans. Maybe I can go to Old Navy today...

    ReplyDelete
  7. My mind is in a tizzy. I'm so glad I'm not the only one lately. I have so much going on it is insane. So much for the gray and boring days of winter... On another note. I love trouser jeans. Love them. I feel like they are flattering on everyone and don't go out of style. A dark pair with nice heal or ballet flats, and fancy top and blazer look casual and so put together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i have been stalking that madewell bag for forever, but i can't bring myself to spend all that $$ on it yet. i keep hoping it will go on sale or i'll find something comparable for cheaper, but doesn't look like it's gonna happen. hmm, maybe i can get it will my tax return!??
    -- jackiejade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Purge your stuff my way :) Love my jeans with flaps on the back, but the baby don't got back...flatty-mcflatterson!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That Madewell bag is so gorgeous and I can only imagine it does look better the more you use it. Sometimes I like to split my gift cards up and buy multiple things but that bag is so amazing it might be worth using it all on such a great piece.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I stick with dark wash, boot-cut jeans. This girl has hips and booty, so that's definitely the best fit for me. I like KUT from the Kloth jeans. I found a pair at a thrift store and they fit perfectly. Luckily I've found 2 other pairs at thrift stores because they are normally $80-$90 at Nordstrom. Although I have such a hard time finding jeans that fit, I'd probably pay that if I had to.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds totally old school, but go to Kohl's and get the Gloria Vanderbilt "Amanda" jeans. I am so picky about how jeans fit but own three pairs of these!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hudson jeans are great! I think those are a must! My favorite jeans in the whole wide world are "The Skinny" by 7 For All Mankind. I lose 10 lbs everytime I wear them! Can't wait to head over to that new blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love those jeans and totally did not know about Sean's sisters blog! LOVE reading it now! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVING the Bachelor scoop!! Off to check out both sites!! Happy Friday Lady! xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. You'll love the Hudson jeans. The pockets aren't True Religion-ish at all and you can snag them at Nordstrom Rack for a good deal. And besides, if baby got back, baby better werk it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. HA HA HA. You crack me up, Cassie! For jeans, I am a Gap girl. They fit me really well and I love the price point. I have four pairs of Gap jeans: (1) mid-rise skinny jeans (love these b/c they sit higher than typical skinnies), (2) long & lean bootcut, (3) premium skinny jeans -- sooo soft (I scored them at the outlet) and (4) a wide-legged pair.

    I heard great things about Express jeans. I tried some on and loved them but they reminded me a lot of my Gap jeans so I didn't buy any.

    PS: did you see the blog on the "new mom jean"? it's hilarious and actually pretty helpful in terms of suggestions for good jeans of the non-mom variety.

    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. My favorite jeans by far are my pencil skinny jeans from White House Black Market. ALL their jeans are pretty awesome! I enjoy reading your blog!! I would appreciate you giving mine a look see....whosaprettygirl.wordpress.com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm always looking forward to a nice photo.
    Japan now I welcome the spring.
    Today, February 16 is the day of the festival naked.
    I fight to win a man's population Sinngiwo.
    This is a sacred fight in Japan.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm a little on the hippy side (not really large - just not my most slender part). I love my Citizens of Humanity Avedons. Straight leg, slim, but not super-tight. Perfect with flats or boots.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The bag is perfect and you will have it forever! Oh I do love a monogram!!! Oh and aren't back pockets on jeans meant to make bums more perky?! (Is bum an English word?!)
    Happy Weekend sweetie!
    Rachie xo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the Madewell tote. Something like that has been on my wish list for years, but I've never made the splurge. A big leather tote is just so classy and timeless!

    P.S. Sorry for the comment dump tonight. I'm catching up on about 20 posts, and apparently I like what you blog about so much that I've been inspired to comment a lot, rather than just read in my reader and move on. I finally just signed up to have your posts emailed to me (only two others have that honor) so I'll stay up-to-date. Unfortunately I only get to my reader once every week or two, so I'm always behind on a large percentage of the blogs I read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love comment dumps...great to hear from you, Hollie!

      Delete

Your comments are like crack, or popcorn with milk duds, I just can't quit them. xoxo, cass

Google Analytics

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

rS tracking code

 

design + development by fabulous k