The Friday Five

Friday, February 22, 2013

Hey, hey, hey!! We made it to the end of another week, and a whole glorious weekend lies ahead, so let's get to it with The Friday Five!

1) It's no secret I have a girl-crush on Lauren from Aspiring Kennedy. I am so jealous of her ex-pat life, and love reading about her travels and adventures. And thanks to her Apartment Therapy House Tour this week, now I can picture her life in the adorable Notting Hill flat she shares with her cute hubby. I mean really, a flat in Notting Hill? Could life be any sweeter?!

knight021413-1.jpg

2) I've touched on this topic before, with my Letter from the Editor, but if you blog long enough, eventually financial opportunities will come your way. It's a delicate line to walk between creativity and entrepreneurship. (Wow, that may well be the biggest word ever used on Hi Sugarplum!, and thank goodness spell-check knew what I was trying to say!) But as many of you comment on, it does take a lot of work, time, and money to crank out five posts a week, chock-full of projects and ideas. Erin really explained it well in her Business of Blogging post. I love every aspect of blogging, and you can trust that my voice and opinions are, and will remain, 100% my own.

blogging...



3) My aunt recently discovered Askanam on Etsy, an adorable custom cookie shop. Or should I say shoppe? Her natural and organic cookies are pure art...makes me want to throw a party just so I can use those mustaches!

cookies

She has a blog, too, where she shares amazing ideas like this Fourth of July cake. Kind of puts my Rainbow Cake to shame!



4) This image from C. Wonder (the affordable brainchild of Tory Burch's ex-hubby), has me excited for Spring! I need one of each, please, Fairy Godmother!


C. Wonder Shades of Spring


5) And finally, speaking of Spring....Home Depot asked me to participate in their Blogger Style Challenge: Patio Edition....and if you could see my patio right now, you'd know what a real challenge this will be! Hopefully we get some Spring temperatures this weekend so Mr. Sugarplum we can begin the clean-up. Here's a peek from last year's challenge....just so you know the uphill battle we're facing!

Colorful pillows on the Clifton 6-Piece Chat Set

Wow, a lot of ramblings today. What's rattling around in your head? Is your backyard a dead tumbleweed, too? What are your thoughts about bloggers making money? Happy weekend, lovebugs!


Pin It!


11 witty retorts:

  1. Thanks for the heads up on C. Wonder and congrats on the Home Depot challenge. I can't wait to see what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY Friday Five! I cannot wait to read the blogging post. I'm new to this whole thing, and hoping to learn more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally in love with that pink and yellow palette...I need more flamingos in my life! I just get jealous when I see all the amazing desserts that people are able to create...thank goodness they sell them, right? (c; Good luck on the Home Depot challenge, we all know you're going to rock their socks off!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those cooks are adorable!!! Thanks for sharing the Etsy link.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cassie,

    Thank you so much for featuring my cookies on your wonderful blog, I am honored!
    Can't wait to read more of your interesting blog spots, I am glad to have discovered it through your sweet aunt.

    Happy weekend!
    Aj

    ReplyDelete
  6. And good luck with the Home Depot Challenge!!! Can't wait to see your patio. Mine needs some attention as well. Just planted some flowers this week myself.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That 4th of July is amazing! I thought your rainbow cake was pretty fabulous, too. I need to step up my cakes. Good luck and have fun with your Home Depot challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. garsh I would love to make money on my blog.. but I don't think I'm quite there yet.. but I think it's totally cool that bloggers make money on their blog! If anyone says differently I would wonder why.. I am dying for spring to get here. So rainy and gloomy in Atlanta.. can't wait to see your patio!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the Friday Five! I have faithfully read you blog for sometime now and especially enjoyed today. Don't get me wrong I like everything you share but, it's great when a blogger points out other things of interest. So, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mustache cookies...seriously too awesome! I am also wishing I had an occasion to need those. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I appreciate how you handle your money making opportunities. I know you get a lot of offers. Some bloggers do one almost every time they post and it turns me off. Original content that isn't sponsored every time is what attracted people to blogs.
    I enjoy hearing who sponsors your blog. Where you have guest posted, and the giveaways because they all highlight something I would've never seen without reading blogs.
    I think it is cool that you can get paid for something you enjoy doing. I would so try, but I don't think I am cut for a blogging lifestyle.
    Thanks Cassie!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like crack, or popcorn with milk duds, I just can't quit them. And unfortunately, because of insane amounts of spam, I've had to disable Anonymous comments for awhile. I just didn't need any more information on penis enlargements! But you can always email me! xoxo, cass