Main Navigation

 photo HiSugarplum-MainNav-Home.png photo HiSugarplum-Projects.png photo HiSugarplum-Organize.png photo HiSugarplum-Holiday.png photo HiSugarplum-Fashion.png photo HiSugarplum-MainNav-travel.png

Ad - Header Leaderboard

Friday, March 8, 2013

The Friday Five

Hey, hey friends....give it up for Friday! As usual, lots going on around here....

1) The good news is, I made a few dollars on this wee lil blog last year. The bad news is, that means 1099s and taxes. I keep thinking if I ignore them, it will go away. But Uncle Sam has a funny way of flushing us out. Fortunately, Ms. Smarty Pants CPA, Sarah at Tucker Up, wrote a really clear and informative post about blogging and taxes. It will likely be my lifeline as I crawl my way through Turbo Tax. Eventually.

 


2) I've been doing a little bloggie housekeeping, and the comment section now has a 'Reply' function. This will be great for answering your questions, and responding to fun comments. (Especially those of you still pegged as No Reply! If you're not sure what I'm talking about, read here.) Feel free to reply to each other, too...think of it as the match.com of home bloggers.

reply

The Project Gallery is also updated, and there's a handy little Pin It button at the bottom of each post. Oh, and InstaGram is now added to the gaggle of social media buttons in the sidebar, so you can stalk follow Hi Sugarplum anywhere. Yay for technology...and Thais at House 09 who did the fixes for me! So grab a donut and stay awhile.



3) Mr. Sugarplum and I discovered Breaking Bad about a month ago, and have already blown through all four seasons on Netflix! (Sleep is for the weak.) It's not for the faint-of-heart, but daaaaaaaaaaang is it good. We're having Walter White withdrawals...even though I despise him.

Now we're recording the new mini-series, The Bible, to watch with our kids. How's that for balanced TV viewing?

http://community.focusonthefamily.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/communityserver-blogs-components-weblogfiles/00-00-00-00-01/3107.theBibleHistory.jpg


4) Last weekend we cleaned up the backyard in preparation for the Home Depot Patio Challenge with these lovely bloggers.

http://ext.homedepot.com/community/blog/wp-content/wpuploads/style_challenge_bloggers4.jpg

This weekend we'll dive in this box, occupying half the garage, to see what Home Depot sent us!

home depot box

5) And finally, our Project Fund would like to welcome back The Shopping Bag, as a returning sponsor. Check them out, and don't forget the 10% off for Hi Sugarplum readers!

The Shopping Bag

What are you currently watching? Have you started your taxes? Have you ever received a box the size of a Smart Car?! Happy weekend, lovebugs!

26 comments:

  1. oohh - thanks for the tax info. I googled around looking for a comprehensive post but couldn't find exactly what I was looking for.

    We watched the first episode of the Bible series. It was really good, although some scenes were more violent than I expected. Still looking forward to the rest of the series.

    I'm as excited for you to open that home depot box. How fun!! Can't wait to see what you get and what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um -- it definitely gets more violent!! It makes you question how they are able to show so much on network tv!

      Delete
  2. I can hardly wait to see what you do on your patio! And I'm a big fan of your "balanced tv viewing". I wonder if the Bible series will balance out RHBH too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think watching the Bible would offset anything except MTV. So feel free to have marathon sessions on Bravo, CWTV and E! ;)

      Delete
  3. I made the reply change forever ago and they had a bug in it where every new page on your blog would open up at the bottom. I think that's fixed so I just changed it back -- thanks for the heads up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We also got sucked into Breaking Bad... it just felt so wrong to be on Walt's side, but you just can't help yourself, can you?!?! That box from Home Depot is like Christmas morning... so fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must not be at the end of the series...because you'll start despising Walt!!!!

      Delete
  5. We got sucked into Downton Abbey and are all caught up with that, just waiting for Mad Men to start back, but we have a month! I had always wanted to watch Breaking Bad but couldn't commit. Thinking that would be a good one to watch now! Can't wait to see your patio :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy-what-a-nice-Friday-morning-surprise! Thanks for the shout out, friend!! Can't wait to come try out your patio when you get it all finished. Yes, I did just invite myself over :) Thanks again. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh taxes! That's why I married a CPA. Good luck! The JCP finds lived up to the hype, especially the gingham shirts, great color, quality, nice weight, and they fit true to size. Definitely recommend. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the report back!! My store didn't have any of it in stock yet, but I'll keep looking!

      Delete
  8. YES, Breaking Bad is SO ADDICTING!!! We blew right through it on Netflix, too. Season 5 is being replayed right now on Mondays at 4:30am if you have U-verse... we're totally DVR'ing it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Miss Cassie, how I've missed you!!! I hate being away! I totally tried to do Breaking Bad, I really tried, I just *hated* it! I think I'm the only person on the planet that doesn't like it! It's not because I can't handle that kind of stuff...I *LOVE* The Following and Walking Dead, so it's not like violence bothers me (c; I can't wait to see the patio project...and yes, that is one *ginormous* box!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really want to watch The Bible, too, but we don't have The History Channel. hmph. Wonder if there is any other way to get it, even if we have to pay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I heard they are playing it on several other networks...so definitely check on that!

      Delete
  11. We adore Breaking Bad! We don't have cable and get frustrated with the lack of streaming on Netflix, but last month I discovered online streaming and I can't get enough! You can watch the first half of season 5 (second half doesn't come out till this summer, total bummer) on stream-tv.me - along with any other series your heart could possibly want! They update the episodes about an hour after they air, I'm officially addicted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for that link -- I'll have to check it out!

      Delete
  12. So excited to see the patio come along!

    We are huge fans of Breaking Bad as well. Can't wait for the rest of it to air!

    Oh, and I think you had asked about our doors (which we have painted charcoal grey). Still a looong way to go on the house renos, but I posted a pic of how the doors came out today. Feel free to pop by and see.

    Happy weekend!
    Jenny
    www.simcoestreet.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are a busy girl! I can't wait to see what you do with the stuff in the box!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That big box looks pretty exciting! Have a great weekend. I've got a couple projects in my kitchen lined up along with a trip to Ikea.

    ReplyDelete
  15. On my way to add Breaking Bad to my Netflix list! I'm excited to see what's in the Home Depot box and the patio project.

    ReplyDelete
  16. My hubby LOVES breaking bad as in watching it in on the ipad in the bathroom, but I had to walk away after the bathtub scene in the beginning. Too much for me!!

    Also, unless they've changed it recently, the bad thing about the reply feature is that the commenter has to remember to come back and visit the post to see your reply. They don't get an email notification or anything which stinks!
    But you're right, it is definitely nice to have an option to answer the noreply peeps!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ok so how do you get that reply thing on your blog's comments? I have the same problem but couldn't find how to add reply. Maybe I am not looking hard enough, which is entirely possible! Love your blog BTW;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have commenting enabled on your blog, then threaded commenting will work provided you have your blog feed set to "Full," and have chosen the “Embedded" option as opposed to “Full page” or “Popup window.” To change your commenting settings, just go to the Comments section under Settings | Posts and comments. The setting to change your blog feed can be found under Settings | Other.

      However, if your template has been customized quite a bit, then it's a more lengthy HTML update...hence why I had to pay my blog designer to do it! :)

      Hope this helps!

      Delete
  18. hubby and i watched breaking bad last nov/dec. we were hooked as well. we in turn got my sister and her hubby hooked on it. and now my mother-in-law. she visited last week and i was sick so we hung out on sofas and watched 3 seasons. our record was 9 episodes one day. love it! i now pepper my speech with 'yo' and a resounding 'b*tch' after some sentences.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like crack, or popcorn with milk duds, I just can't quit them. And unfortunately, because of insane amounts of spam, I've had to disable Anonymous comments for awhile. I just didn't need any more information on penis enlargements! But you can always email me! xoxo, cass

Google Analytics

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

rS tracking code

 

design + development by fabulous k