Main Navigation

 photo HiSugarplum-MainNav-Home.png photo HiSugarplum-Projects.png photo HiSugarplum-Organize.png photo HiSugarplum-Holiday.png photo HiSugarplum-Fashion.png photo HiSugarplum-MainNav-travel.png

Ad - Header Leaderboard

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Tickled Pink

I knew you guys wouldn't disappoint when I asked for your input on what color to paint our Dining Room, and I loved all your responses! But what I didn't expect, was how many of you would choose Option B...red walls and pink ceiling! Either we share an addiction to color, or you know I'm not afraid to make a bold choice. Second place was Option A...pale pink walls and red ceiling. And to be fully transparent...just as many chose Option E...and thought I'd totally lost my marbles. But that's another post entirely.

I, too, love how the Sherwin-Williams Color Visualizer illustrated the room with red walls. Like, really love it. And you know I'm not shy about color (you remember this room, don't you?). If the Dining Room were fully contained, I'd likely go for it. But with such an open floor plan, the room is basically an extension of the Living Room and Entrance Hall, and I fear the red would overpower everything and become the sole focal point. So I went back through my Pinterest board of ideas for our Dining Room...and there was a single repeating factor.

via


via



via
Room after room that made my heart flutter had pale pink walls. Pinterest boards don't lie, people! If you're pinning something over and over, there's a reason. I also read somewhere that the glow of a pink room is most flattering for people. Who doesn't want to look good in their own home?!
via

via

via


via


via
So I decided to listen to Pinterest my heart. But I also can't deny the power this photo has over me.
via


I'd better decide quick, the painter will be here Friday! Follow me on InstaGram (@cassiesugarplum) or Facebook for sneak peeks. Why do I suddenly feel nauseous?! It's just paint!

17 comments:

  1. You're right! It's just paint! Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pink is pretty and you love it! So go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pinterest knows you better than you know yourself ;) Love the pale pink. Its a more livable colour long term too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So exciting! I can't wait to see what you decide. All the rooms above are just divine in pale pink!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I missed that one, but I love the pink walls and red ceiling! good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful and comfortable, I also want a pink room like this, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with the painting. I can't wait to see how it turns out. Very exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooo can't wait to see what the final product looks like!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been thinking of taking my living room from an aqua/turquoisey color to a pale pink. My furniture is a lovely marine blue and my drapes a vintage blue/green floral pattern. My problem is that I can't find the right pink! Not baby girl, not orchid, not coral, not teenage girl angst pink, not flesh. I've tried a couple samples and it's just not right yet. I'm eagerly awaiting your color choice and to see how it looks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh the suspense!! haha I know whatever you pick will be beautiful! But yes, it is just paint, right? I have to remind myself that all the time. It's so exciting though to have a change!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay. So I had no idea I even liked pink. But it seems as if I do after all of those beautiful images....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bring on the pink!!! Love it.

    I also take a million years to pick a paint colour, I hear ya.

    ReplyDelete
  13. When at a funeral, did you ever notice that the light fixtures that are directly over the casket put out pink light?

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great idea! I think it will turn out beautiful! Can't wait to see pictures!!

    www.foundafeather.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am definitely claiming a pink room someday. Especially if this family remains all boys!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's just paint and it will be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like crack, or popcorn with milk duds, I just can't quit them. And unfortunately, because of insane amounts of spam, I've had to disable Anonymous comments for awhile. I just didn't need any more information on penis enlargements! But you can always email me! xoxo, cass

Google Analytics

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

rS tracking code

 

design + development by fabulous k