Christmas at Our House

Monday, December 9, 2013

Hello from the frozen tundra! No, we didn't travel north this weekend, but rather, Texas was hit with a big ol' ice storm. We've been stranded, under 4-inches of solid ice, since Thursday night. If you follow me on InstaGram or Facebook, then you saw video proof of our idiot antics. Our lives and schedules are always so busy, so it's been nice to slow down and be homebodies together. Especially since our home is decked out in our most colorful Christmas yet!

My friend Chris of Just A Girl is hosting a mac-daddy Christmas Home Tour all week, and I'm thrilled to kick it off today. Warning: this post is one giant photobomb. So grab a cocoa, spike it if you can must, and enjoy wandering through our house this season. Don't worry, I won't report you as a stalker.

Hi Sugarplum | Christmas Home Tour
 Fresh wreaths from Trader Joes / Mini trees from Home Depot
Front Porch Makeover, including Monogrammed Rug, found here


Hi Sugarplum | Christmas Home Tour

We'll start the tour in our Living Room...which has been undergoing a makeover for years awhile, but we're thisclose to being done. You can see all the projects here.

Hi Sugarplum | Colorful Christmas Mantels

Hi Sugarplum | Colorful Christmas Mantels

Hi Sugarplum | Colorful Christmas Mantels
Mantel decor details here / Mirror Makeover here



Hi Sugarplum | Colorful Christmas Mantels
Faux Birch Logs here


Hi Sugarplum | Christmas Home Tour 

Hi Sugarplum | Christmas Home Tour

Hi Sugarplum | Christmas Home 
Tour 
Fresh Boxwood Wreaths here


Hi Sugarplum | Christmas Home Tour

Hi Sugarplum | Christmas Home Tour
Ho.Ho.Ho. art is a framed Target napkin


Hi Sugarplum | Christmas Home Tour
DIY Brass Figurines found here


Hi Sugarplum | Christmas Home Tour
Coffee Table styling tips here and sources here


Hi Sugarplum | Christmas Home Tour
Black & white pillow from Ikea, Suzani pillow from MyHabit


Hi Sugarplum | Christmas Home Tour
Mirror Tray here


Hi Sugarplum | Christmas Home Tour

Hi Sugarplum | Christmas Home Tour

Hi Sugarplum | Christmas Home Tour

Hi Sugarplum | Christmas Home Tour
Nook makeover & projects here

Everyone knows it's really all about the tree, so let's move to the Family Room (makeover progress and projects found here) for this year's color-blocked version.


Hi Sugarplum | Christmas Home 
Tour

Hi Sugarplum | Christmas Home 
Tour
Many DIY Ornaments found here


Hi Sugarplum | Christmas Home 
Tour

Hi Sugarplum | Christmas Home 
Tour

Hi Sugarplum | Christmas Home 
Tour 
Chair makeover found here


Hi Sugarplum | Colorful Christmas Mantels

Hi Sugarplum | Colorful Christmas Mantels
Mantel decor details here


Hi Sugarplum | Colorful Christmas Mantels
DIY Sequin Trees here


Hi Sugarplum | Colorful Christmas Mantels

Hi Sugarplum | Colorful Christmas Mantels

Are you still with me?! You probably need to refill your drink...I'll wait. Okay, next up is the Entrance Hall (makeover found here), which is home to the cutest little pink tree.

Hi Sugarplum | Christmas Home Tour

Hi Sugarplum | Christmas Home Tour

Hi Sugarplum | Christmas Home Tour
DIY Felt Ornament Tags here

The Dining Room (yep, it's pink, with a surprise ceiling color...see it here) has a few more mini-trees as centerpieces, and sideboard decor.
Hi Sugarplum | Christmas Home Tour
Tree bases are boxes wrapped in gold duck tape and washi.


Hi Sugarplum | Christmas Home Tour

Hi Sugarplum | Christmas Home Tour
Antlers from here


Hi Sugarplum | Christmas Home Tour

Hi Sugarplum | Christmas Home Tour
We have an artificial tree, but use fresh greens throughout the house, too.


Hi Sugarplum | Christmas Home Tour

Hi Sugarplum | Christmas Home Tour

Hi Sugarplum | Christmas Home Tour
The ball is a DIY project I'll share tomorrow.

Moving on to the bedrooms, which got small touches of the holiday.

Hi Sugarplum | Christmas Home Tour

Hi Sugarplum | Christmas Home Tour
Son's Room makeover here & Giant Wall board here

 
Hi Sugarplum | Christmas Home Tour
Daughter's Room makeover here & yellow highboy here

And finally, the hub of the home...the Kitchen (makeover here) and adjoining Breakfast Room (makeover here), where we spend most of our time.

Hi Sugarplum | Christmas Home Tour
Foam snowflakes from Dollar Tree / Organized counters here
Hi Sugarplum | Easiest Advent Calendar Ever
Simple Advent Calendar here


Hi Sugarplum | Christmas Home Tour
Urchin used as tree-topper, found here


Hi Sugarplum | Christmas Home Tour
Felt banner here / Chevron drapes here

If you've made it through this full tour, you deserve a cookie. Good thing I've been home for 4 straight days and I've done nothing but bake...and eat! Why is it so impossible to be housebound and not eat everything in sight?!

Thank you so much for stopping by, and for all the new readers joining us today, feel free to nose around...starting with our House Tour and Project Gallery. A very merry holiday to you, lovebugs!


Pin It!


51 witty retorts:

  1. It looks amazing Cassie!!! The framed napkin is brilliant and the photo gift tags are adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, so many different looks and I loved them all. Yes, I refilled my coffee mid way and came back for each and every photo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!! I am a red & green girl myself but your home is making me rethink all of that!! What a fun and festive home with so much color. I can feel the merriness coming from your photos! Lovely, simply LOVELY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too many things to comment about….the framed napkin, the photo gift tags, those wreaths, and that gorgeous tree!!! All so beautiful!!! And where did you snag up that red/white entry rug? Cute, cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI Cassie,I loved your home tour. Everything looks beautiful! I love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute Cassie! Love all of the bursts of color!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those photo tags as absolutely adorable! I also giggled a little bit at the "tree" tied to the toy car. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cassie.....you are awesome....I have really no words! omg I love all the small details!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was on my 3rd cup of coffee & Baileys before I even started your home tour. Your home looks amazing year round but wow, it SINGS during the holidays!! Can't wait to read about your shiny ball. I never say no to shiny balls.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have drank enough coffee this weekend to keep me awake for a week! Love your Christmas decor because we have the colorful thing goin' on, too. Now if only I could make it out of the house to get to Hobby Lobby. I appreciate this snow day but I am just about over it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful tour! love that first mantel with mirror, love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everything looks so lovely and festive Cassie! Love how you simply tied a ribbon to your pillow to update it! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Cassie! As always, you have a beautifully styled home. I don't even know where to start! I love the framed napkin and the fresh greens everywhere. I also like that its not traditional red and white but super colorful and festive!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your home is gorgeous Cassie!! I love every single thing. The fresh greens are beautiful. And I love the way you wrapped your pillows to look like presents. So beautiful!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your Christmas decorations are so lovely! I think the colorful mantel is my favorite part, because I just love those pink candles so much!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely gorgeous holiday decor! We decided to go really simple this year with just a tree and our stockings. I'm just in love with all the colorful accents you placed around your home. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am tired just looking at it - but also inspired. Brava lady...brava :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. you.are.so.good. i should have had you ice skate over to help with my decor this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think I'm going to pin every image from this post. I'm seriously in love with all of them. Love!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The house looks so great! Love all the bright decor! Hope you're staying warm. I have yet to venture out even for sledding because I'm boring. Also I have the little one!

    ReplyDelete
  21. OH EM GEE!! I am dying over that BEYOND gorgeous tree! The ombre is stunning!! Love all the little details throughout the house, like tying your pillows up like packages. Genius!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Geez you were a busy girl! I love it! What a beautiful use of color! Hope you're enjoying the holidays!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Merry and bright - that's the best way to describe your home! Everything looks so festive and fun. I love your colour-blocked tree!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love, love, love all the color. Pinned so many things to make and do! Thank you for the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love all of your home tour, but your tree is stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. That color-blocked tree!! AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love how colorful everything is! SO fun and festive :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh my goodness you have been busy! Your house looks amazing as usual Cassie! Such fun and festive decor. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  29. So festive Cassie :) I love your sofa and pillows! So cheerful and the wreaths on your windows are such a nice touch! xo Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  30. Such a happy Christmas house! I really love the non-traditional colors.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh My Goodness Cassie! Your house just makes me happy! All of the bright colors are so cheerful, and I just love it! I especially loved the ribbons you tied around your pillows. Such a simple, but festive touch!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Cassie, You're a color-using rock star! Love your bright and cheery Christmas decor!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I can't decide what I like best but every single thing makes me happy - such a happy, exuberant, joyous home....like its inhabitants. Not my usual taste, but DROOLING over the crazy little pink tree in the entry. Bring it to me.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Your house is so colorful and festive!! I love it all, especially that napkin that is framed and your gift tags!

    ReplyDelete
  35. So pretty! I love all the bright colors and mixing of patterns. So fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love it all! You did it up right girlie! Your color blocked tree is my favorite part!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love everything about this - pinning this

    ReplyDelete
  38. Oh my goodness! Your house looks gorgeous Cassie! I love the mixture of fresh greenery and bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love how you restrain yourself with color!! :) Seriously, it is so darn chic and sassy - love the mantel and tree, and your one-of-a-kind style!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Love your color!! The color block tree is to die for... as I sit next to my white, pewter, and burlap tree.... ha!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Your house is so fun! It's like walking into a candy store. I love it Cassie. The tree is wonderful, adore the pink candles on your mantle, the pillows tied up with ribbons as packages....I like every detail! Your house is a happy house!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Your home is so beautiful! Love all the Christmas decoration and how festive it looks!
    House cleaners

    ReplyDelete
  43. This is the first time I have ever visited your blog, so exciting I live in Texas too, dfw area and man that was a crazy storm! I rarely find Texas bloggers so that's cool. But what I am really excited about other than your adorable Christmas decor is your house!!! Every house I walk into in this area is red and gold or some shades close to that. It's so nice to see something different. I just want to say ladies get with it, move into some new colors!!! I'm going to take a peek around and see what all you have done to your house, very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  44. It's beautiful and sweet. I love it! Thanks for the tour.

    ReplyDelete
  45. In a word? STRIKING. Your home is so gorgeous but the colour just making dazzling! Thanks for the lovely tour!

    ReplyDelete
  46. It's a good thing I didn't stalk you until now, or else my house would have looked like a mini clone of yours. I love it all!! So many pretty colors and the ribbon around the pillow? The cutest! Happy holidays beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  47. I love the mix of colors!! and the tree, color rainbow!!

    ReplyDelete
  48. This is all so fun, unique, and perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Thank you for this home tour. You have beautiful house. It's feel like I'm visiting your house right now.

    Merry Christmas and Best Wishes for a Happy New Year!
    Bring you Good wishes of happiness.

    Sorry for greeting you earlier,, just don't want miss saying this.
    By the way, I'm Clotee. It's my first time visiting your blog. I am blogger too, and now try my best luck to open an e-shop. Nice to know you.

    Regards,
    Clotee

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like crack, or popcorn with milk duds, I just can't quit them. And unfortunately, because of insane amounts of spam, I've had to disable Anonymous comments for awhile. I just didn't need any more information on penis enlargements! But you can always email me! xoxo, cass